Chobaar


Advertisement
Nepal's flag
Asia » Nepal » Kathmandu
July 11th 2008
Published: July 11th 2008
Edit Blog Post

So yesterday afternoon those of us who were healthy enough went to Chobaar. It was a really pretty with a river and some caves but the caves were all blocked off so we couldn't go in. There were some nice views of Kathmandu though. Then we walked up to the Chobaar Buddhist Monastery. They were doing some sort of a ritual/chanting so we got to hear that. We couldn't go in, we got to see the outside which was intricately painted. And it was a nice walk getting there. It was good to get out of Kathmandu and away from all the sick people! By dinner time there were only 3 of us who had not yet succumbed to the disease and we decided it was probably only a matter of time. I threw up once last night and then was dizzy with a terrible headache this morning but I slept through our last Nepali language class and am now feeling much better! Still not 100%, but I was really lucky that I didn't get it worse! So now we're letting the sickies sleep more before we go to Thamel later this afternoon to do some souvenier shopping and to eat dinner away from the hostel because we're pretty sure it has to be the food that's making everyone sick. The one plus side about this whole thing is that I've gotten to use the internet a lot and read and relax which has actually been nice! And we've still gotten to do most of the exploring that we were planning on doing. At least it happened here in Kathmandu rather than during our homestays or one of the long bus rides!

Advertisement



11th July 2008

Exploring sounds like it would lots of fun and very interesting! I hope all of you start feeling better soon though! I'm so glad you decided to do this travel blog because I love reading about all of your adventures!!! Miss you and love you bunches! :)
12th July 2008

What an experience
Tracking you from Lancaster County, Pennsylvania. Enjoy the opportunity and the moments except maybe the "getting sick" ones. Mag Eby Nolt and Phil Nolt

Tot: 0.14s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 10; qc: 55; dbt: 0.0783s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb