Kathamandu


Advertisement
Nepal's flag
Asia » Nepal » Kathmandu » Thamal
February 4th 2008
Published: May 5th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Yet another bus journey - Chitwan to Kathamndu. Slept most of it again - girls are getting rather jealous about my ability to sleep wherever and whenever! As we were coming into Kathmandu the buildings reminded me of the flats in the suburbs in London - odd.

We got to the Thamel part of Kathmandu where all the backpackers go. The lanes were full of clothes shops, internet cafes and a shed load of rootftop terraces.

This was our home for the next 6 days. We met up with the Irish gang after a day and spend the next 6 days sightseeing around including Durbar Square, Patan and attempted the many walking tours from the lonely planet, got lost in markets and ended up at many hidden coves!

Hannah And I signed ourselves up for a mountain flight over the Everest mountain ranges - draw back being we had to be up a 4.45am to get to the domestic terminal - and what a mission it was! We finally boarded our plane 3 hours later but it was worth the wait! The flight took us all over the Himalayas and saw Everst - it was amazing - the sky was so clear and blue, making the mountains stunning!

On our last couple of days we chilled in many of cafes and decided to spend out last day in Garden of Dreams - a well kept garden where u can just chill for the days reading or playing cards. We also came across a street festival as it was Tibetan New year and the whole street was full of beautifully dressed women dancing and dragging foreigners to dance with them - was pretty cool!


Photos will follow and as many of you have probably guessed - Im back tracking on my blog!!
Bye!




Advertisement



Tot: 0.119s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 11; qc: 31; dbt: 0.0869s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb