Update


Advertisement
Nepal's flag
Asia » Nepal » Kathmandu » Thamal
December 17th 2006
Published: December 17th 2006
Edit Blog Post

hey guys

jsut thought i would give you an update on what im expecting to be doing for the rest of my time here in Nepal.

Update
Last sunday we were told that in a weeks time, we might be moving villages, to phokara (where we are going for christmas) to work there in a rehabiliation hospital. the hospital generally deals with leprosy clients, but does all sorts on rehab and has 3 OT's on staff. so everyone got there hopes up about going there, but on tuesday it all fell through and the hospital wouldnt take us. i didnt email until i found out for sure what was happening. so its a bit disapointing not going but there is nothing we can do.

to replace that, as of monday, half of the group will be going to work in Nepals spinal cord unit at a hospital, and the other half will go to work in an auphanage. the group is pretty evenly split, so hopefully i will get to go to the spinal cord unit. (i definately am now)we will be working there from mon to fri, 8am to 4pm.

Then on sat i fly to phokara, where we will be for chrissy, which everyone is really excited about. then I fly back on tuesday night, to work at the spinal unit again for wed and thur.

From fri to mon we have off for new years, which we will be spending in the city. im hoping to do some more sightseeing before a big night in town.

Then on tue we prepare for a health camp, then we spend 3 days completeing the health camp, in a rural area. im not really sure what we are expected to do, but im sure i will find out the day before.
I then have a day off, meet again to evaluate the program and have a good buy lunch.

I then we have tue and wed free and fly out to bangkok on the thur at 2pm.

so that is the plan so far, but everyday something changes so im never sure what to expect.

will write soon
miss you all
mopsy





Advertisement



Tot: 0.079s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 9; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0566s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb