Day 2 Ghorepani Poon Hill Trek - Next Stop Ghorepani


Advertisement
Nepal's flag
Asia » Nepal » Gorepani
April 3rd 2012
Published: April 28th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Nabin and MadhurNabin and MadhurNabin and Madhur

Our guide and porter leading the way.
The pictures in this entry are actually from Day 1 to Tikhedhunga. Got my days mixed up. Pictures from Day 2 are in the last entry titled Day 1 Ghorepani Poon Hill Trek.

Woke up at 6AM again and had our usual - muesli and hard boiled eggs. But once we saw what Nabin and Madhur were having, we decided to have that tomorrow! It was spicy curried potatoes and beans with this gorgeous bread. Will definitely have that tomorrow! We started walking at 7:30. We'd already been warned about the steep uphill for the first 2 hours or so of our trek today. What we didn't realize is that we would actually be going uphill all day! Just not as steep as the beginning.

Lucky for us it was perfect trekking weather again and the rain held off until we reached our tea house in Gorepani. All day we walked through huge rhododendruns - hot pink, bright white and brilliant red. And they are so huge! They are trees, not bushes! We walked for 6 hours today, mostly through beautiful scenery and rhododendruns. While we were walking, Nabin picked 3 rhododendrun blossoms for each of us. He's so cute. But we were so tired we couldn't even carry them.

Today's trek was hard. All uphill. We were so tired by the time we got to Gorepani that we didn't even walk around and look at any of the village. And it was raining pretty hard after we got there and was a little bit cold. We did get a hot shower though. Megan and Nabin played cards and I wrote in my journal after dinner. I didn't even have the energy to focus on a card game.

Tomorrow Nabin promises we only have 2 hours of uphill out of a 7 hour trek. We shall see. He hasn't steered us wrong yet.

Here's the link for the tour company we used. We were very happy with them and Rabi will answer all your questions. He checks his email about 50 times a day!

Nepal offers breathtaking trekking destination such as like Everest Base Camp Trek http://www.adventurediscoverytreks.com/everest-base-camp-trek.php

And the same Everest Base Camp trek can be done using luxury accommodation throughout toohttp://www.adventurediscoverytreks.com/everest-base-camp-luxury-lodge-tea-house-trek.php



Additional photos below
Photos: 51, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



Tot: 0.077s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 9; qc: 29; dbt: 0.041s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1.1mb