Everest Region Trekking Information


Advertisement
Nepal's flag
Asia » Nepal » Gorak Shep
April 20th 2018
Published: April 19th 2018
Edit Blog Post

It is your dream, it is my dream and it is everybody’s dream to step one’s foot in Everest Region witnessing giant mountain peaks including the top of the world, Mt. Everest (8848m). Sometimes, people may wonder why Everest Region Trekking has become so much popular among the trekkers and adventure enthusiasts across the planet, but it true. People who have experienced this region trekking might have been searching such words to describe the beauty of this region but might not have succeeded to find such words in dictionary and encyclopedia. Now, of course, they are looking forward to coining such words which are apt to describe Everest Region Trekking.

If So, What are the striking attractions? A question arises. Simply, the attractions of Everest Region Trekking are:

Tenzing Hillary Airport ( Lukla Airport)

One of the most dangerous airports in the world!!! Yes, it is. It is located on the rocky hill. Airport located at the elevation of 2840 m with runway 527 m. The airport is popular because Lukla is the place where most people start the climb to Everest Base Camp. There are daily flights between Lukla and Kathmandu during daylight hours in good weather. Although the flying distance is short, rain commonly occurs in Lukla while the sun is shining brightly in Kathmandu.

High winds, cloud cover, and changing visibility often mean flights can be delayed or the airport closed. The airport is contained within a chain link fence and patrolled by the Nepali Armed Police or civil Police around the clock. One cannot get escaped by surprise that how this airport is built on the inclined hill. The landscapes and the settlements in this inclined hill are unbelievable. This airport is considered to be one of the extreme airports in the world.

This is the starting point of Everest Region Trekking……….after a short and scenic flight of 35 minuted from Kathmandu.

Have you heard about Namche Bazaar?

It is the gateway to Everest Region Trekking. You can say it ‘A Tourist hub in the Himalaya’. What ‘s more about Namche Bazaar? We experience a beautiful Tibetan market.

Only Tibetan Market? No. No. We can get good hotels and restaurants for food and accommodation. You enjoy hot shower too. you can have the food of your choice mentioned in the menu.

You may wonder What about communication? E-mail, Wi-Fi? Telephone?

Yes, we do have all these facilities. Do not worry. We can connect with our family and relatives via Wi-Fi and telephone too.

What else? A Sherpa Cultural Museum, a collection of unique and ancient objects related to Sherpa People, the inhabitants of high Himalayan Region, known as the climbers.

Hotel Everest View…..everyone wants to know about it. It is the hotel located at the top of the Hill just above Namche Bazar facing to Everest. Yes, we can witness the top of the world, Mt. Everest from this viewpoint.

Thamserku and Ama Dablam are visibly seen from Namche Bazar.

Tengboche Monastery and Sagarmatha National Park

Our observation shifts to Tengboche now. A holy and popular monastery at the top of the hill surrounded by lush green forest. The forest here is protected by Sagarmatha National Park. The national park can be observed from this hill station.The pristine surrounding, holy prayer flags, carvings, and man is ……wow !!! so spiritual and tranquil…

Unique and some endangered species of Himalayan wildlife including musk deer, Derow, Ghoral and Himalayan Thar as well as red-billed chough, impheyan pheasant, blood pheasant and yellow-billed chough.

Chukkung Valley

You love trekking along the flat path right? If so, you can visit a mesmerizing Chukkung Valley. It is 2 hours walk from Dingboche. It is around 11 km from Dingboche.

The local bushy plants including different species of berries are beautiful to seize by your camera.

Chukkung is actually a traditional yak herding valley. The impressive formation of ice and glaciers are amazing to witness.

Indeed, we can not stop taking out our camera and making photographs …….

What are Everest Three Passes?

Kongma La Pass (5,535/18,159ft)

Cho La Pass (5420m/17,782ft)

Renjo La Pass (5,340m/17,520ft)

Absolute trekking for Adventure seekers!!1

Gokyo Lake '4800 m/15,744 ft and Gokyo Ri ' (5357 m/17,570 ft

Gokyo Lake- the highest freshwater lake on the planet in mesmerizing Gokyo Valley in Khumbu Region

An early climb to Gokyo Ri offers stunning views of Cho Yu and the top of the world, Mt. Everest. Not only you, your camera also will be stunned to witnessing mountain peaks….

Everest Base Camp 5,364 metres (17,598 ft) and Kalapatthar 5,500m

Two popular vantage points in Everest Region in Nepal for astonishing mountain views.

Kalapatthar- It a hillock with black rocks just above Gorekhshep to view Mt. Everest and holy Pumori is just above you.

Everest Base Camp – We cannot view Mt. Everest from here but other fabulous views of peaks.

Yaks?

Yes, we can see numbers of yaks in this region. The prime means of transportation of this region are Yaks.

Different Exciting and Adventurous Trekking Trails in Everest Region

. Everest Base Camp Trekking

. Gokyo Lake Trekking

. Gokyo- Chola Pass- Everest Base Camp- Kalapatthar Trekking

. Everest Three Passes Trekking

. Everest Panorama Trekking

. Everest View Trekking

Important information

The weather condition in Lukla gets fluctuated since it is located at the lap of the mountain. So, flights from Lukla airport to Trivhuban airport to Kathmandu or flights from Kathmandu gets interrupted and postponed even sometimes for several days. Thus, it is suggested to have some spare days like 2-3 days.

Yes, we can get hot shower throughout the trip in Everest Region but pay some extra charge like 200-300 Rupees per shower. Do not expect good accommodation and other facilities like Wi-Fi, Hot Shower etc during Sept- November since the region is excessively crowded with thousands of trekkers.

We also see some of the trails are getting dirty and polluted due to unmanaged garbage in the region. Obviously, it is all of our responsibility. Isn’t it?

Everyone wants to see clean and serene Everest Region.


Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement



Tot: 0.088s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 7; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0339s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb