Day 5 - Drive to Besisahar


Advertisement
Nepal's flag
Asia » Nepal » Annapurna
April 15th 2019
Published: April 27th 2019
Edit Blog Post

Today we left Kathmandu for the first of two days driving. We were originally told that we were all going to go in one jeep but Vicki expressed her concerns about the comfort of that plan the day before , so Sudarshan contacted Rusha and thankfully it was changed to a mini-bus. It was just as well because there were us five plus the driver, the guide, assistant guide and two porters as well as another random person that joined us for the trip to Besisahar, a total of eleven people they expected to fit into a jeep. Sudy did explain though that the second drive from Besisahar to Chame, it was only possible to take a jeep because of the roads condition. However he said that this jeep would fit 3 in front and in the middle and four in the back with all the baggage on top.

It turned out to be a very comfortable trip and I enjoyed watching the changing scenery as we left the city and entered the countryside as the road followed the River Marshyangdi. We left at 09:15 and with just one comfort stop beforehand we had lunch just before noon at the Blue Heaven Restaurant. It was a smorgasbord type arrangement and it was surprisingly quite good, although Mitch expressed concerns that the food was not being kept warm enough. The location was quite nice next to the river.

We left around 12:45 and arrived at the Thorung Peak Guest House in Besisahar around 16:00. Accommodation was basic but we did have our own bathroom and internet access, so quite comfortable. Dinner was served in the hotel’s dining room and was quite adequate. I had a sweet and sour chicken which was really more like curry chicken but was still nice enough. Sudarshan sat with us during dinner and Vicki decided to say some Nepalese phrases to him to see if he understood. I had a go as well and he surprisingly understood what we were saying even though our accents were not correct.

We all got to bed early so that we could leave tomorrow at 08:00.


Additional photos below
Photos: 40, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



Tot: 0.106s; Tpl: 0.018s; cc: 12; qc: 28; dbt: 0.0572s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb