Nomadic Families/ Back to UB


Advertisement
Mongolia's flag
Asia » Mongolia
July 21st 2006
Published: August 17th 2006
Edit Blog Post

July21

After pushing through the day before we spend the whole day with a nomadic family being woken up by a pair of baby goats who have snuck into the Ger at night. The day was composed of racing horses with the families adolescents and fishing, not to mention avoiding the torrents of mosquitoes. For supper they killed the fatted sheep and I got to help in the skinning. It was nice to have some fresh meat for once.

July 22

Today is the day to go back to Ub though after breakfast I finally defeated the driver twice in a row in mongolian wrestling. Due to some misinterpretations of our tour we were given a discount by our mongolian friend and he also helped us book an old school communist appartment for the next few days. After having a farewell dinner with ohna and our driver we moved into the new digs.

July 23

The days are now very uneventfull with much rain and resting after our trip in the Gobi. One of our other tenants in the room is Spencer another canadian who just came back from two months in the wilderness with pack horses and GPS.



Advertisement



12th September 2006

happy b-day
jUST WISHING YA A HAPPY ONE ON YOUR BIRTHDAY !

Tot: 0.113s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 8; qc: 56; dbt: 0.0783s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1.1mb