Snowy Snoggers & Captain Snooze


Advertisement
Mongolia's flag
Asia » Mongolia » Ulaanbaatar
September 16th 2005
Published: November 18th 2006
Edit Blog Post

The temperature has decided to do what we knew it eventually would (we just didn't expect it to happen so soon). As one of our Mongolian colleagues aptly pointed out today - "Yesterday it was summer and today it is winter". That is in no way an exaggeration. I have no doubt there is worse to come but yesterday it was a sunny 20 something degrees and today we woke up to a snow storm which has continued all day. Our students tell us that it will now not let up until May!

Unfortunately the conditions have caused the postponement of a planned staff trip 300 km into the countryside this weekend and has jeopardised the game of cricket we had up our sleeves with the Indians, Brits and Cubans for Sunday. Oh well... we'll have to find something to do indoors???

...

Oh yes, Captain Snooze visited us yesterday, and delivered a big, slumberlicious double bed!!!!! Hurrah!!!!!! It's a bit hard, but with the cushy thing we bought last week to put on the single mattresses, it's just delightful!!! We "acquired" some cushions to soften up our lounge, the heating is in full flight and we BOTH had steaming HOT showers this afternoon before top-notch Korean cuisine for dinner!!! On top of that, we've borrowed a vacuum cleaner from school so we can clean our feral carpet for the first time. Oh, yes, it's domestic bliss here in UB!

And...we came 3rd in the pub quiz last night, and in doing so, discovered a (the only!) very pleasing English pub and French, Mongolian and Chinese teammates. Things are good.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.359s; Tpl: 0.015s; cc: 6; qc: 24; dbt: 0.2953s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb