Maldives . March 14-21, 2015 [March Break]


Advertisement
Maldives' flag
Asia » Maldives » Male Atoll
August 30th 2015
Published: August 30th 2015
Edit Blog Post

My friend and I were able to find affordable flights and accommodations from Jakarta. Our flight route went from Jakarta to Sri Lanka and from Sri Lanka to the Maldives. Once we landed in the Maldives we were escorted to a private speedboat which took us to our island for the week. The boat ride from the airport to the island was about 45min long. The resort we stayed at made up the whole island so we felt like we were on a private get-away. We had a beach bungalow and could see the ocean from our deck. The time of year we went was perfect as it was the end of the low season but one week away from the peak season opening. There were others at the resort with us BUT so often we had the beaches pretty much to ourselves as well as the pool. The scenery was absolutely pristine. The images on Google don’t lie! The water is so clear, so bright and goes on as far as the eye can see. The snorkeling is amazing and the sunsets too. We were able to participate on daily complementary snorkel trips, we had some surf lessons [successful in riding a few waves], and sailed into the sunset on a catamaran one evening. It was a wonderful vacation – perhaps the most beautiful beach destination yet!


Additional photos below
Photos: 26, Displayed: 22


Advertisement



Tot: 0.282s; Tpl: 0.021s; cc: 11; qc: 53; dbt: 0.0693s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb