Hello Maldives


Advertisement
Maldives' flag
Asia » Maldives » Male Atoll
January 16th 2015
Published: January 16th 2015
Edit Blog Post

Well, having arrived safely after our frantic drive to Colombo airport (Dubai could really learn a thing or 2 about quick transfer through customs and security!) We head off for the Maldives. We have an hour flight but unable to sit together as flight is full at last some space between us. You are thrown a chicken biryani and a drink the minute we are up in the air. The leftovers are hastily collected before we decended to Male airport. We are met on the ground by a charming rep and taken to a lounge to wait for our domestic flight. It's a 50 seater aircraft and will take an hour to reach our airport as we have to make a one stop. Finally arrived at Laamu Atoll airport which is half the size of the old Leavesden airport and it had a large hut as their arrivals. Bags were walked from airplane on a large wheel barrow and placed carefully on a wooden bench, amazing how careful baggage handlers are when people are watching.
We are then greeted by Ragina, our host, and taken to a waiting boat for transport to our resort. Life jackets on and the twin engined speed boat roars towards Alhuveli Island, a bit like James Bond. We arrived in darkness so don't see the true colours of the place. Our host then takes us to our wooden hut via a wooden pier. Regina makes sure we are happy and leaves us to explore the hut and its surroundings and then we are off to bed.


Advertisement



Tot: 0.095s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 47; dbt: 0.0629s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb