The Trip of a Lifetime


Advertisement
Maldives' flag
Asia » Maldives » Male Atoll
August 15th 2008
Published: August 15th 2008
Edit Blog Post

We've been meaning to wrap this up since we arrived home almost 1 month ago exactly. The Maldives were incredible. Each day we made sure that we filled with as much as we could. We loved to run to the gym in the morning (sweating profusely on our way there), pump some iron (more sweat), have brunch in the primary restaurant, relax in our above water hammocks or on our ocean deck, go diving or snorkeling, maybe grab a quick massage, have dinner, and retire. The island is amazing and mostly man-made. Bicycles are the transportation device of choice and at just over 3.5 kilometers end-to-end, make getting around an adventure (the soft sand makes is an almost certainty to wipe out). We enjoyed the 3 restaurants: Lebanese (we loved the most as it is situated outdoors on the sand with extravagant decorations, mysterious lighting and great food), Japanese, and Reethi. Diving we managed to see lots of sharks (Tabitha cut her leg on some coral so they were after us), turtles, puffer fish, snakes, and shipwrecks. Tabitha is going to try to fill in some details for you on our stay, but we wanted to make sure that at the least we got a little down about it before we forget!

On a side note, I'd like to thank all of you for taking the time to read this, Monique at Go2Africa for assisting me with planning the African leg of our adventure (it was amazing and she was fantastic), Tamim who encouraged me to take the plunge on a few of these destinations that I needed a push, and my lovely wife for sharing the adventure and not feeding me to the sharks. Looking back I can say it was the trip of a lifetime and I hope you can find the time to see Africa one day.


Additional photos below
Photos: 11, Displayed: 11


Advertisement



Tot: 0.07s; Tpl: 0.017s; cc: 13; qc: 22; dbt: 0.0348s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb