Yawn, Yawn


Advertisement
Malaysia's flag
Asia » Malaysia
February 12th 2009
Published: June 13th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: 5.36365, 100.311

Wednesday 11/02/09 Penang - Malaysia Temps air 32°C Sea 28°C

Arrived 07:15 On face value there didn't seem much to do here so we originally decided to just meander through the town taking in the local atmosphere, but with the introduction of a 3 hr introduction to Georgetown tour it seemed like a good idea, and would still allow time to wander the local streets afterwards, so we booked up. Well what a mistaker to maker, the trip was boring with little to take in other than the local museum 45mins were allocated to look at a few exhibits which took all of 20 minutes so the entrance was cluttered with loads and loads of people awaiting the return of the coaches to take us to the next place of interest. This next stop was an old floating Chinese village which on face value and previous experience would be interesting, wrong again. It consisted of a few houses with little of interest to either the visitors or the inhabitants, was surrounded by and raised above a sea of floating debris as smelly and as disgusting as you can imagine, yawn, yawn; back to the ship for a shower and drinks.



Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



Tot: 0.042s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 10; qc: 27; dbt: 0.0238s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb