First day in Malaysia - Kuala Lumpar


Advertisement
Malaysia's flag
Asia » Malaysia
February 24th 2011
Published: February 27th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Managed to get a decent nights sleep in the Travel Hub hostel so woke up early ready to see what Kuala Lumpur had to offer. After some interesting breakfast of toast and curry noodles, The First point of call was kuala Lumpur central station on the KLM (train line) to see the famous twin towers of Petronas Towers. We were struggling to find them until myself and nick turn around and looked up to see one of the massive towers standing right behind us. We could not go up in the towers as the tickets are limited and you have to get there very early to que. Get advised by the woman in the hostel that you need to leave by 6 am to get in, NO CHANCE !!!
After taking a few snaps we then head by foot to the next tower, the KL tower. Where tickets are available all through the day, which is weird as it is on a hill so offers the best views of the city. We head up to the observation tower at the top of the tower and the view it offers does not disappoint . With the cost of the ticket for the tower which was something like 38 ringgit we also got entry to a zoo and a F1 experience which all sounds very exciting.
I'm afraid to say it really wasn't, the zoo is a small room with animals packed into the smallest cages. And from the way the snake handler kept slapping the snake around the head you got the picture that the animals were not treating very well by the staff. The F1 experience was a computer game and to be honest wasn't much of a experience at all.
We then walked to the central market which is a collection of market stalls inside a building and which spreads across two floors. We found a place where for 5 ringgits you could have your feet cleaned by fish for 10 minutes. This is one of the strangest experiences I have had yet as the fish suck the dead skin off your feet. It is sold as a relaxing therapy treatment but its very hard to relax with a load of fish sucking at your feet. However once the 10 minutes was over my feet were smoother than they have probably ever been before.
While we were inside the central market having our feet cleaned by the fish the weather outside had change and was now hacking it down with rain. Once this rain had passed we made our way back to the hostel to chill out and get ready for the night ahead.
We had decided to have a few drinks so headed to 'The Reggae Bar' which is a Reggae themed hostel / bar not to far from our own hostel. We were accompanied by Will and Suzie, two Australian's who were moving to Scotland for a year, very poor choice. The Reggae bar was packed with travellers and a few locals and it was hard going getting to the bar for drinks. When we were finally served we ordered two big pitchers of long island ice tea and this plus a few beers was enough to ensure a enjoyable night was had.






Advertisement



Tot: 0.058s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0372s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb