Cameron Highlands,


Advertisement
Malaysia's flag
Asia » Malaysia
November 8th 2009
Published: November 13th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Wow Its been awhile since I updated this, the last week abit have just shot by in a mass of crazyness and fun!

Leaving KL was easy enough except the bus was over 30minutes late leaving and did not pull up in the correct place involved several of us running and then sitting for 1/2 hour going no where. Oh well not much change from Britain nothing ever runs on time there either!

The Journey from KL to the Cameron highlands was fairly uneventful but had some beautiful scenery. You could tell when the Bus was getting near as it started to climb very steeply and did not stop! I was picked up by Fathers guest house minibus at the bus stop and taken to the guest house. Fantastic meant I did not have to pay for a taxi or find it!

The accommodation was a WW2 bunker, this got me very excited as you all know how much of a child I can be! I very quickly fell in with a couple of Americans and a Londoner, who were already staying there. This was great as it meant I had people to go and eat food with that night and was able to go on a trek the next morning. We also discovered the Jungle bar where we met Christian and Bree aka the next few nights were spent drinking away!

Jamie arrived from KL on Monday so I spent the day just chilling uploading some photos to Facebook and getting some washing done only costs about 1 pound to have my clothes washed which is excellent as it saves a lot of hassle hand washing! On Tuesday we booked up for the full day tour, this was a fantastic decision as we saw some amazing sights including the Raffelisia flower, which is huge. After the off roading adventure and trek including a stop off at a waterfall on the way back, to get to the flower. We proceeded to visit a traditional village where we were given a blowpipe demonstration. So much fun firing darts at a tiny leaf, I just missed on both of my attempts. I ended up buying a blowpipe and sending it home just have to hope it gets there with the dam postal strike going on. Next on the tour was the BOH tea plantation wow what a fanastic sight it is just jaw dropping the tea grows everywhere and the people work incredibly hard reminds me just how lucky we are in England. I tried asking if it was fair trade without much luck so I hope you enjoy your tea Ben! As some poor Indonesian worker worked very hard to pick it for you (they bring them over as they are cheaper than Malaysian workers). The tour ended with a trip into the mossy forest which was just breath taking the only way I can describe it is nature at it's most beautiful, our guide described it as like the LOTR and it very much had that feel to it.

The next few days in the highlands were a bit more chilled out, went on a couple of Treks and relaxed but pretty much guaranteed a beer or two in the evening around the campfire. In conclusion I can say that the highlands are a fantastic place which I totally feel in love with and having left my phone behind I have a great reason to return!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.055s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 5; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0332s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb