Lets go round again


Advertisement
Malaysia's flag
Asia » Malaysia
August 30th 2009
Published: September 2nd 2009
Edit Blog Post

Our flight to Singapore from Australia was uneventful (thankfully!). However it seems like you are flying for ages. After nearly 4 hours of flying from Melbourne you expect to be somewhere near Singapore, unfortunately the graphic of the plane flashing on the tv screens still show you are flying over Aus!

We stayed in Singapore just a couple of nights and then took a bus over to Malaysia and back up to KL. You may be thinking why KL? (after spending a week there already) but to be honest we really didn't know where to head next!

There's not much to tell you about our time in KL really. We found a new veggie place to eat - great food and dishes were around 60/70p - with a free Chinese drink. We revisited the mighty impressive Petronas towers which never fail to deliver jaw dropping moments.

One thing we missed out on last time was KL's very own water park Sunway Lagoon. This place is huge - with lots of activities such as water slides, zip wires, paintball, theme park, shopping centre and even a fake beach. Unfortunately we have no pictures to post as we decided against taking our camera (the thought of dropping another camera in water was too much to risk!). We braved a couple of scary slides, one which you had to climb lots of stairs to get up to, jump into a double rubber ring and slide down an enclosed tunnel throwing you from side to side, bouncing over speed bumps and then being dumped into a pool at the bottom (at breakneck speeds) - great fun.

On our 2nd to last day in KL we were on our way out to get some food before one of the guys from the guesthouse 'warned' us about some riots taking place in town. Something to do with a government policy that 50,000 people had something to say about! We made note of 'the' place to avoid and made our way to a restaurant situated about 20 minutes across town towards little India. Before we knew it we were on our own (which in KL is very strange - the city is over populated) streets were empty and then it hit us. Our eyes stung and tears streamed down our face... confused and unsure what was happening we sprinted the rest of the way and arrived at Fung yoo safe. It turned out that earlier on the same road that we crossed police had been throwing tear gas as a riot had broken out - lucky we decided to eat a little later that day!

A few days was enough in KL so we took an internal flight back up to Bangkok. Maybe being back in the 'Land of the smiles' will help us decide what to do next!!!!

Bye for now,

Lee and Michelle





Additional photos below
Photos: 15, Displayed: 15


Advertisement



5th September 2009

good idea leaving melbourne
hi guys i have a idea get a dart open lonly planet close your eyes an throw it.have safe travels.

Tot: 0.1s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 10; qc: 66; dbt: 0.067s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb