Johor Bahru


Advertisement
Malaysia's flag
Asia » Malaysia
February 12th 2009
Published: February 12th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Yesterday we got the train from KL to Johor Bahru. The journey took 6 hours, even though we were only going approx 100km. The train was fairly old and grubby but at least it was comfortable. When we got here we got a cab to the guesthouse we are staying at. It is by far the nicest place we have stayed so far. It's actually a private residence with 8 bedrooms which are let out. It's a large, nice house on the edge of JB and is accessed by password controlled gates which means its very safe, a good thing in JB as we have heard some rumours about it not being the safest place in the world. However, on our trip out for dinner last night it seemed ok and, because the guesthouse is so nice, and cheap as well, we have decided to stay until Monday. There are a few bars and nice places to eat and we are quite happy to chill out in this lovely house for a few days after a manic week or two! Also, the guy who seemed to run the Chinese restaurant we ate at last night said that there is some sort of anniversary festival for the town on Sunday night so we will probably go along to that. We think we might take a detour to a fishing town called Mersing before we head up to the jungle. The town itself is meant to be nice and old fashioned and there is a ferry service to a group of islands just off the coast, one of which has been voted in the top ten most beautiful islands of the world. Only problem the weather there is a bit grotty at the moment. Hopefully it will have cleared up by Monday! Mersing is not far from where we are in JB, just a couple of hours away by coach and under 2 pounds to get there.

That's all for now, we're just chilling out today, going to head out to central JB in an hour or two for some food and beers.

Advertisement



12th February 2009

JB!
JB got nice Bak Guk Teh near taman sentosa called : Shun Fu Bak Gut Teh (it's next to Ah Kun Fishball noodles).. You could check out the 'San Lou Mee Hoon' which serves nice fried noodles and crabs.. Cheap and good seafood at the 'Da Ma Garden market'.
13th February 2009

Keep going!!!
Hey guys, Kelly and I have been following your blog, what can I say but keep going!!! sound like you are having an amazing time and an experience of a life time. oh yes and loads of EATING! keep the pics coming, and take care of yourselves

Tot: 0.145s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 8; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0856s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb