Nasi Lemak & Petronas Towers


Advertisement
Malaysia's flag
Asia » Malaysia
February 10th 2009
Published: February 11th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Yesterday morning we took the Kuala Lumpur tube to the Petronas Towers in the business district and booked tickets to go up to the viewing towers halfway up later in the day. Tickets are free but run out quickly so we had to get there early to ensure we could go! After getting the tickets we went to have some Nasi Lemak for breakfast. Nasi Lemak is a very popular breakfast in Malaysia. The dish is coconut steamed rice wrapped in banana leaf and served with fried anchovies and peanuts, cucumber slices, chicken and a spicy tomato curry sauce and it made a very tasty breakfast indeed.

After lunch we took a walk to the KL Aquarium which is just behind the twin towers where we saw sharks, rays and eels being fed. We even got to stroke some baby sharks! Then we lazily wandered through one of the many luscious green parks in KL. After sitting down and watching the world go by for a bit we wandered back to the towers to go up to the viewing platform where, after an amusingly sickening corporate video, we got to see an incredible view of KL from the sky. The Petronas Twin Towers are the world's second tallest buildings (after Taipei 101 in Taiwan), standing at 451 metres. One Cabot Square in Canary Wharf is a mere 235 metres in comparison.

On the way home we went to KL Sentral Station to find out about how we get the jungle railway line to the rainforest. It turns out that we have to double back on ourselves a bit but we have the time so its not a problem. First we have to go back to Johor Bahru which is a small city in the very south of Malaysia, just over the border from Singapore. We actually went through it on the coach up to KL but did not stop. Then we have to get the train from Johor Bahru through the jungle but we'll book that ticket when we get to Johor Bahru. We booked our ticket to JB for the next day and headed back to the hostel before going out for a quick bite to eat and then bed.

As you can see, we are now able to upload pictures so I have added some to the previous blogs. Will update you guys with news of our adventures today soon but its late here so I'm off to bed. Glad you're all enjoying reading!

Advertisement



11th February 2009

Hey....
Hey guys!! how you doing, sounds like your having a fab time love the pics especially the animals at the zoo, don't forget to bring me back one of those tigers or monkeys!!! Keep having fun. Take care : ) xxx Love Evonne

Tot: 0.242s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 7; qc: 29; dbt: 0.0432s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb