From Singapore to Langkawi


Advertisement
Malaysia's flag
Asia » Malaysia
September 17th 2013
Published: October 2nd 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: 6.32, 99.85

We had a to wake up quite early today as the flight was on at 10.55am. We caught Air Asia to Langkawi as it seemed the cheapest and most direct way to get there from Singapore. Getting on Air Asia was similar to getting on Jetstar or Virgin. The flight wasn't too packed with about half the plane empty and no one in business class. The airport though was busy. We were held up by 10 minutes but the arrival time was the same.

We got to our resort and were treated to a complimentary welcome drink. So far the service has been much better than Miramar. A very nice welcome was given to us. We were given a one bedroom studio in the rainforest but with partial views of the sea. The studio was quite big with the lounge/desk working area quite big and a separate area for bedroom / bathroom. We ordered room service for lunch and had a Nasi Goreng Dayang which was quite cheap compared to Australia at MYR27. We'd paid 3 times that in Australia. A burger would cost maybe $20 for room service.

Dinner was spent at the hotel's restaurant. It was set up on the sea. It was quite a nice drive and walk to there. We got there as the sun was setting so quite a few sunset shots were taken. The food itself was ok though not extraordinary. For dessert was a coconut jelly in coconut and that was quite nice.

After dinner we were off to bed for an early night for the island hopping tour tomorrow.




Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



Tot: 0.232s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 6; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0419s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb