Back to KL!


Advertisement
Malaysia's flag
Asia » Malaysia » Wilayah Persekutuan » Kuala Lumpur
October 29th 2006
Published: October 29th 2006
Edit Blog Post

It might sound a bit illogical, going back to the place where we started our Malaysia-Singapore tour, but given the flight prices from Singapore this was the most economic way to go.. So there we went, back to KL. Given our difficulties with getting a hostel in Singapore and finding a bus to KL, we decided not to let us get surprised by the holiday craziness again, so we booked our hostel beforehand. Actually we wanted to stay in Chinatown this time, instead of the happening Golden Triangle, where all the nice bars, restaurants, shops, sights etc are, and thus which is pretty expensive. However, our hostel owner in Singapore advised us to stay in the Golden Triangle area anyway. We ended up finding an okay offer which gave us one night free and thus lowered the average price, enabling to stay in the Golden Triangle anyway. We were so happy afterwards! Our hostel is in a bit creepy street, but 1 minute away from the famous Bukit Bintang, thus very conveniently located and it's very cosy. Plus, we have visited Chinatown and seen the hostel we had considered. Well, Chinatown is pretty awesome to see, quite an experience, but my gosh, a bit... well, some people would call it vibrant, I'd say chaotic. All the food out on the streets, everyone trying to sell you everything all the time, so many people.. Lot of fun to see, but Emma and I agreed we'd rather not stay 5 days in this area.

Okay, enough about where we stayed. cause we did do some other things than just hanging around the hostel, of course 😉. The good thing was we had like 4 1/2 days in KL, which was more than we would really need to see the stuff we still wanted to see, so we could take it easy. At the first day we only arrived at 8 in KL, because of the annoying traffic jam on the way (actually we kind of forgot something like that still existed, after being away from Holland for so long 😉). So that evening we didn't do much more than have a great, western style dinner (sorry, but something non Asian was really good for a change) at an Irish pub, followed by a great cocktail. All we needed to be more than happy :D.

The next day we had actually planned to go to the Petronas Towers, but unfortunately they were closed because of the holiday. However, the Menara Tower (KL tower) was open, and actually this was a lot cooler. We got to see an overview over entire KL, accompanied by an audio tour that gave us a lot of interesting info. Pretty awesome! Afterwards we went to the KLCC mall again, to shop some things we needed, and of course to not disappoint my dad who likes to read about us visiting malls 😉. Over there we have seen the most terrible movie ever, The Grudge 2. We decided to go there because Emma had seen the Grudge 1 and she knew it was a scary, but good movie. Only in the cinema she remembered she hadn't seen more than the first few minutes of the movie, since the movie was so awful that they turned it off.. :S Well, fortunately we could comfort ourselves with a nice Indian meal and a decent coffee afterwards.. We wanted to conclude our day with a drink at a nice bar on the Bukit Bintang, but this didn't really work so we ended up in the same Irish Pub again. This time it was just a bit less fun because a group of very drunk guys kept bothering us, subtle hints didn't work, so in the end I even had to explicitly ask them to leave us alone. Fortunately eventually they did, so we could finally enjoy the rest of our evening/night.

Okay, I'll spare you guys the further hour-to-hour report of our stay here.. 😉 I'll just give a short enumeration of the other things we have done and seen.. As you might have guessed from the first part of this story we've been to China town. We've also been to merdeka square, although when we found it we realized that actually we had already passed it without noticing during our first visit to KL. Another thing we've seen, that was very beautiful too (although I have to say it didn't come close to the botanical gardens in Singapore, should have seen them in the reverse order) was the lake garden. It was just a bit annoying that most of the things there were, for a change, closed because of the holidays :S. Okay, let me see, was that all there's to mention? No, wait, of course, we've also been to the zoo here. It was pretty good, a lot better than the one in Chiang Mai for instance, it just took us quite a while to get there, that was a bit of a pity. Ow and the rain was another thing I wouldn't have mind missing, but I guess we can't really complain about that being here in the rainy season. And probably we Dutch girls should be used to getting soaked by the rain.. 😉

So, that was it, our stay in KL. This evening we'll have a last drink here and then tomorrow we'll head to the airport, to fly to our last destination here in Asia (boohoo..), Bali. ['m already excited about it, from what I've heard Bali should be awesome.. To be continued!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.222s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.1382s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb