weds day 26!


Advertisement
Malaysia's flag
Asia » Malaysia » Wilayah Persekutuan » Kuala Lumpur
February 13th 2015
Published: February 13th 2015
Edit Blog Post

Today started off in Bangkok, some of it in the air, but most of it was in Malaysia. Said goodbyes and left ted and wan at 9.30 to go to Don Meaung airport about an hours drive away. My taxi driver was very smart with a pinstripe suit, huge rings on - very bling, smart hair the lot - felt he was somewhat wasted as a cabbie! A lot of the taxis here have some sort of religious artifact adorning the dashboard, parcel shelf, wing mirror wherever they can stick it really - this one was no exception with flowers from the mirror ( they bring good luck) and what looked like a gold oyster shell with jewels spilling out and an elephant inside, sitting on the dashboard. The traffic was heavy and so it took a little longer than expected, but made it in plenty of time. Sat next to a German man on the flight who learnt medicine, but now teaches yoga around south east Asia. His name is rainer and he was fluent in english so was nice to chat, we swopped emails. We landed in Kuala Lumpur after a painless 2hr flight, said goodbye and wished each other a pleasant trip. I changed my money into Malaysian ringgit - £400 gets you 2000 rm - quite different from the baht but things are still very cheap here. Caught an express train to the centre as the airport is 26 miles out of town and then a taxi to the hotel - about 10 mins away. The hotel is nice, clean and modern - im in a 6 bed dorm room with a bathroom and hot shower! And air con. Unzipped my bag, opened it out and made up my bed and then headed into town. The first place i came to was china town, about a 10 min walk away and very busy - full of lanterns - everywhere and many street stalls ( its soon to be Chinese new year) found a new sim card for my phone and wandered about getting the lay of the land. Found a tourist information and popped in for a map and well, some info! Was a little weary so headed back to the hotel for 20.30, chilled out and wrote up my blog!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.272s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.1956s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb