Kuala Lumpur


Advertisement
Malaysia's flag
Asia » Malaysia » Wilayah Persekutuan » Kuala Lumpur
January 13th 2014
Published: January 14th 2014
Edit Blog Post

Well we have had two days in Kuala Lumpur. It is a hot and humid modern city with much easier traffic than I expected and lots of shopping opportunities, especially if you want designer goods. Not very PC here as foreigners are charged more to get into places than the locals and the job ads in the paper have no quarms about specifying what age, sex or race they want for the job!

We took the hop-on hop-off bus tour of the city and were lucky enough to be on a 10 minute break at the Palace when someone important left in a big gold car with an escort and motorcycle (Pan Europeans) out-riders.

Last night the hot and humid weather culminating in lots of rain whilst we were where eating in China Town resulting in us getting rather wet.

Went up one of the Petronus towers today. We had a few minutes on the walkway which joins the two towers on floor 41 and then some time on the viewing area on floor 86. Great views from up there. Also visited the national museum.

I still think the most stunning thing is the view from our room!


Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement



Tot: 0.037s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 18; dbt: 0.0171s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb