Kuala Lumpur


Advertisement
Malaysia's flag
Asia » Malaysia » Wilayah Persekutuan » Kuala Lumpur
October 10th 2012
Published: October 10th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Flights from UK were spot on, courtesy of Emirates. Arrived at KLIA at 9.30 pm and it took an hour to clear formalities and get out of the airport buildings. Last job inside was to buy a prepaid taxi ticket to get into central KL, which is 60km from the airport; it's a great system, no fuss just a set price and the taxi is waiting for you outside the terminal ready to get you to your destination. It took 45 minutes to get to the centre, to Hotel 1915, just on the edge of Chinatown. It proved a good choice of hotel, clean, we'll presented, very central and only £65 for 3 nights.

Today we had a full day of sightseeing. This started with breakfast in Chinatown, followed by a talk around Merdeka Square, which is the old colonial centre. After that it was off to see the birds at KL's massive free fligha bird park, then on to KLCfoot admire the Petroas Towers and all the sky high development of 21st century KL.

After a little rest - well Carol rested, I had to get today's run in, we are off to little India for tea, yum, yum!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.078s; Tpl: 0.017s; cc: 18; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0398s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb