Kuala Lumpur


Advertisement
Malaysia's flag
Asia » Malaysia » Wilayah Persekutuan » Kuala Lumpur
March 21st 2012
Published: March 21st 2012
Edit Blog Post

We thought that since we had to transfer here from Thailand on our way to India, now Vietnam, we would spend a few days on an adventure in KL. We stayed with a couch surfer, Eric, who lives around 10Km south of the centre. We spent the first night going for some Malaysian food, which is pretty similiar to Indonesia with them being so close.

We had a full day of sight seeing with Eric being kind enough to be our host. We walked through China Town, Central Market, where for the first time we both tried the fish therapy on our feet, it cost us 10 ringet for 15 minutes (£2) for both of us! After we both stopped laughing we actually enjoyed it. We visited Merdeka Square and the KL Memorial Library, Eric also explained where KL got it's name from. Both the River Gombak and the River Klang run through KL, meeting and joining in the center. Kuala, meaning meeting of or joining of and Lumpur meaning muddy, as the river is really dirty. So Kuala Lumpur - meeting of muddy water, there you go. We took a train to the Patronas Twin Towers, now the third tallest in the world (Matt says the 'Entrapment' Building) and took a walk through Little India. Eric also took us to look around three of KL's massive shopping centres, all of which had at least 4-5 floors!

We enjoyed another full day just the two of us in the city and were very surprised that after spending a full day with Eric on and off trains and monarails and never waiting more then 5 minutes for one to come, the first train we tried to get on our own we waited almost an hour for, Typical. We visied the old Railway Station and walked around the Masjid Negara (National Mosque) one of the largest in South-east Asia. We then spent some time in Times Square shopping centre (around 10 floors of shops) which included a massive rollacoaster inside.

The sum up Kuala Lumpur, shops, shopping, more shops and more shopping. With prices very low in most places and the quality of clothes, bags and shoes very high, a womans paradise.

Off to Vietnam next

Sending Love

Matt and Kerry


Additional photos below
Photos: 11, Displayed: 11


Advertisement



21st March 2012

Looks like another good time! Not sure if I could do the fishy feet tho??? Does it feel weird?? A lot more expensive here too! Good photos as usual! Love you. Xxx

Tot: 0.089s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 7; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0545s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb