Pitstop in KL!


Advertisement
Malaysia's flag
Asia » Malaysia » Wilayah Persekutuan » Kuala Lumpur
September 5th 2011
Published: September 6th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Hi everyone!

Just a quick blog about our brief stay in the skyscraper city of Kuala Lumpur. We arrived here very late after leaving HCMC at 9pm on the 2nd of September and got into KL in the early hours of Saturday morning on the 3rd of Sept.

It was such a shock to the system travelling from the airport to our hotel. KL is very westernised. There were motorways, towering skyscrapers and big boulevard type streets which would remind you of an American city. There definitely seems to be a very wealthy population in KL.

Our hotel was beside the KL tower which is one of the highest viewpoints in here and which houses a revolving restaurant.

During our stay in the city, we visited the KL Twin Towers which are both connected by a walkway that's 100s of feet up! Unfortunately we didnt get to go up the towers because on the particular day we went, the tickets were sold out and we were told you had to go early!

But been beside them was enough as they are enormous. We also spent the day shopping in the massive shopping centre beside the towers. It was also great getting to see some of the city on the monorail.

We left KL on the 5th of Sept and travelled by luxury coach to Singapore. This was a 5 hour journey but it didn't feel like it as I managed to watch two films and have dinner on board- happy days!

We arrived in Singapore in the late evening for a brief overnight stay before flying out to Honk Kong on the 6th! Really looking forward to that.

Blog you soon from Hong Kong!

-Jen.x

Advertisement



Tot: 0.066s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 7; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0399s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb