To Kuala Lumpur, the long way...


Advertisement
Malaysia's flag
Asia » Malaysia » Wilayah Persekutuan » Kuala Lumpur
July 17th 2011
Published: August 4th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0

KL & Koh Samui


Here we go....Here we go....Here we go....

The first of our 8 flights on this trip.
Day 1: Tauranga ->Wellington->Christchurch->Kuala Lumpur:

Last December Air Asia announced that they would begin their new route, Christchurch to Kuala Lumpur. Their opening fares were unbelievably cheap and were also available during the school holidays. This was a deal too good to pass by, so despite many uncertainties we grabbed the deal of the century and started to make plans.

We decided to spend a short time in KL at either end of our trip, but for the most part our holiday this year would be in Koh Samui, Thailand. Talk about going the long way tho'.

When we checked in at ChCh we found that we had been extremely lucky and had scored an upgrade to Premium seats - flippen AMAZING! The 10.5 hr long haul flight was an absolute breeze. The kids slept practically all the way and Steve & I had a really decent rest. The seats were a little hard, but it was such luxury to be able to lay flat, put the feet up, snuggle into the duvet and pillow provided and catch some zzzzz.

We arrived into KL at 7.30am. The LCCT (Low Cost Carrier Terminal) has a bit of a
OH MY GOSH!!!OH MY GOSH!!!OH MY GOSH!!!

Upgraded to the posh seats on Air Asia X
reputation for being slow and inefficient, but as we were at the pointy end of the plane our bags were out first, we cleared customs in 2 min flat and were sitting in a taxi in less than 20 min of landing!

Our hotel, The Park Royal is right downtown in the centre of the famed Golden Triangle. It turned out to be in an absolutely FANTASTIC spot right across the street from at least three huge malls and within 5 min walking of the monorail and more shops. They were kind enough to let us check into our room even tho' it was only 9am.




Additional photos below
Photos: 12, Displayed: 12


Advertisement

Air Asia Premium ClassAir Asia Premium Class
Air Asia Premium Class

What a fantastic surprise!
"Lay Flat" seats"Lay Flat" seats
"Lay Flat" seats

First time ever - 8 hrs sleep on a plane.
Petronas TowersPetronas Towers
Petronas Towers

Visable from everywhere nearly
Lolly shopLolly shop
Lolly shop

Teen heaven


Tot: 0.093s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 8; qc: 54; dbt: 0.0669s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb