Umper Lumper Land


Advertisement
Malaysia's flag
Asia » Malaysia » Wilayah Persekutuan » Kuala Lumpur
April 3rd 2006
Published: May 24th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Days 141-143



We left Singapore midday and caught the bus up to Malaysia. We met a couple of girls on the bus who live about 2 miles from Carly and knew some of the same people. How random!! We got to Kuala Lumpur about 7 hours later and found our way to our hotel. Yes, hotel, not hostel!! Woo hoo! We are staying in China Town, right slap bang in the middle of a huge street market where you get harrassed to buy t-shirts, Mr Bean Teddies and watches every step you take. They seemed to like us as they called us 'friend' and said they'd give us a special price!! We dumped our bags and headed out for some dinner.

We got up early and went in search for a travel agent as we were thinking of going to Borneo but after a series of unhelpful travel agents we gave up!! On our search for the travel agents were came across some MASSIVE shopping malls - one had a huge rollercoaster and 12 floors! We walked through the business district, The Golden Triangle, up to the Twin Towers. They were pretty spectacular. We caught the monorail back to China town and went to sort our our bus ticket for tomorrow which was easier said then done. We got it sorted eventually and had a very un-Malaysian meal at Nandos!!

An early start as we wanted to go up the twin towers but the tickets for the whole day are issued at 8.30 which kind of ruined our plan for a lie in. We went up to the 41st floor and took lots of pictures from the sky bridge. We then headed back to the hotel, checked out and went to see more of the city. We walked down to Merdeka Square which was really pretty. The contrast of really old beautiful intricate building and modern sky scrapers is really impressive. We continued our non-Malaysia feasting by having lunch at TGI Fridays!! (We are going to be on an island for the next two weeks so didn't want to get sick of Malaysian food!!) We checked out a couple more shopping malls then boarded yet another bus up to the Perhantian Islands.


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



Tot: 0.104s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 11; qc: 42; dbt: 0.0588s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb