Kuala Lumpur- a night in the airport


Advertisement
Malaysia's flag
Asia » Malaysia » Wilayah Persekutuan » Kuala Lumpur
November 17th 2009
Published: November 26th 2009
Edit Blog Post

So a whole night in kuala lumpur airport, with its new bazillion dollar terminal that would hav been great but ofcourse travelling as a er traveller you fly airasia which has its own terminal resembling a huge empty warehouse with a couple plastic seats. great.

flying in all you see is a house every now and then dotted between thousands of plantation palm trees, even continuing on the incredibly long bus from the airport to the main station they keep goig until bam apartment blocks and sky scrapers hit you like a brick wall.

arriving in the city was strange its more like beijing than any other place i have been and yet comepletly different with palm trees blending in with even the petronas towers. stepping inside there was crazy it completly screws with your body as your going from crazy heat and humidity to air conditioned bliss and then back again so your dripping with swet from just walking down the road!

the people are also great, its pritty strange going from hong kong where religion is money to a place dominated by islam. i met a guy called zian, i must apologise for calling him zoltan and making the sign, too much time spent watching dude wheres my car...anyhoo aparently hes a civil engineer and we got talking on the train and he decided not to got to a work meeting and show me around, pritty creepy i thought but screw it i had nothing better to do, he just took me to get some traditional food and then to the petronas towers before leaving to get to his meeting about 2hours late. the towers were impressive and pritty darn big but what impressed me was the famous amos store they had inside the best cookies its impossible not to buy some its jst a good job they dont have them all over asia as the fat kid inside would have a field day.

so my hotel for the evening the magical airport! the night would have been a whole lot worse if i hadnt had some coffee and a stolen starbucks cup + the fact i met an awesome mexican dude gerardo who was as stupid as me and was waiting for a flight the next morning too so was cool to chill and chat with him he was sound as a pound. got some great tips for mexico and someone to show me around mexico city.so about 6hours in the room needed to be fogged or some shite so we had to move and ended up taking over some advertising section with a couple from devon! cant get away from the janners!

so after a shocking night and now completly hyper on caffiene i finally made it to check in, only another 3 hours to go! short stop in KL not sure if i can make it back but i saw the towers and chatted with a local i think my job here is done.

Laos blogs will be done soon, its kinda hard to write blogs when its so sunny outside.

ashx

oh and the beards gone!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.174s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 12; qc: 60; dbt: 0.0642s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb