And then we came to the end....


Advertisement
Malaysia's flag
Asia » Malaysia » Wilayah Persekutuan » Kuala Lumpur
April 28th 2009
Published: April 28th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Hey everyone... last blog on our last day - its finally over! 😞

So we travelled in style from Singapore to Kuala Lumpur - made even nicer by the memories of many other bus journeys we have endured. This bus was "super nice" with electric recliners and plenty of space for sleeping! Arrived in KL refreshed and ready for our next dose of luxury at the Sheraton Imperial - the first taxi man we asked to take us there eyes lit up when he heard the name and tried charged us 4times the price... we got in the next one that came along and saved ourselves about 3pound! 😊

The Sheraton Imperial is very impressive... our room is amazing and huge with a flat screen TV and DVD player (we in heaven)! We have an amazing view of the city and the Menara TV tower which gives us a light show every evening. Also the hotel has a huge gym, swimming pool and this amazing buffet dinner in the evening - it includes oysters, sushi, salad bar, malaysian and western food and a huge sweets bar, all for about 15pound each (expensive for here but not when you taste the food - we haven't been able to resist, going again tonight!).

We visited the Lake Gardens (which after Singapore Botanic Gardens was a bit disappointing) - we went to the Butterfly park there and got tickled by many butterflys flapping about. They also had lots of huge bugs - Pilch took great delight in pointing out the massive hole at the top of the green tarantula cage! Urgh!

We visited Menara (the TV tower) and went up to the observation deck for great views of the city. We found our hotel after walking around in circles a couple of times and then got a good view of people swimming in the pool there! Along with the tickets to the observation deck we were given free entrance to Winter Park - expecting some ice and snow and cool temperatures we excitedly entered the park... however it was just a few fans blowing warm air at us (our hotel room is colder at night) - it was very amusing experiencing Malaysian idea of winter!!

Next day we went to the Batu Caves where we got to re-experience Indian culture... the day began with an Indian man off our bus approaching us and eventually asking for money for him to pray for us - we refused and he shouted bad luck at us... great start and we felt like we were back where we started in India!! However the Batu Caves were really nice and the monkeys even better! We had some bananas to feed them and it wasn't long till they figured out who was handing them out!!

So today we have come to the Petronas Towers to see them up close - we were gonna go up to the observation deck but just found out they only give out a certain amount of free tickets in the morning and they've all gone... oh well enjoyed a good sunbathe this morning, going to go shopping in a bit (need socks and warm clothes for our return) and then we will be heading for our last buffett before an early night and 14hours on a plane home!!

See you all really soon... xx




Additional photos below
Photos: 37, Displayed: 24


Advertisement

Sheraton Imperial from MenaraSheraton Imperial from Menara
Sheraton Imperial from Menara

Our hotel is the brown building in the middle with red writing on the top!
SnoopySnoopy
Snoopy

Tanya watching people swimming in OUR pool!
Winter Park....Winter Park....
Winter Park....

winter at 35degrees!!


Tot: 0.072s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 10; qc: 57; dbt: 0.0473s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb