Visiting Malaysia


Advertisement
Malaysia's flag
Asia » Malaysia » Wilayah Persekutuan » Kuala Lumpur
February 23rd 2009
Published: February 23rd 2009
Edit Blog Post

Acclimatising


Arrived in KL on 21st and had a smooth trip from the airport to KL Sentral. Avoided the taxi hawkers where the bus stopped and went upstairs, where we got a taxi voucher for our final destination.

Staying at the Mandarin Oriental in KLCC - Kuala Lumpur City Centre, right next door to Suria KLCC - about five floors of shopping! I wonder why Elaine chose that spot. Its also next to the Petronas twin towers, which one can visit for free but need to queue up to get a ticket.

Spectacular views, but not particularly clear photos in the morning. Looked better in the afternoon, but all the walkway windows were covered in raindrops. Not much better.

23/2 - Took a taxi to Chinatown. Arrived just before 10am, and traders still setting up. Wandered south and then Elaine went back to find fakes, and I went on to see the temples etc. After that walked to the old administrative hub and walked a large loop back to the Central Market.

Got back there about 1pm, soaked with sweat and footsore - 8km on pavement in three hours doesn't seem like much when you say it quick, but I was glad to catch the KLRT (Metro) back to KLCC.

You can find some photos at -->> http://picasaweb.google.com/douglasfitzgerald.

Tomorrow - the Cameron Highlands.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.283s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 7; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0872s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb