Oompah Lumpur!!!


Advertisement
Malaysia's flag
Asia » Malaysia » Wilayah Persekutuan » Kuala Lumpur
December 18th 2008
Published: December 22nd 2008
Edit Blog Post

The day started with me checking out of the latest hotel and then getting stuck in the chaotic Bangkok rush hour traffic ...made significantly worse by a faulty set of traffic lights! Cue 'Street Cop' who thus proceeded to wave his arms about as if trying to swat a wasp whilst traffic whizzed about him tooting their horns merrily. Haven't been worried for a couple of days, but definitely slightly concerned about this guy! The flight was actually pretty pleasant, apart from having to listen to 'Snoring Man' doing what he does best across the aisle. My first observation about Kuala Lumpur was 'Boy Its Hot' or words to that effect...the humidity hits you straight away and I felt really overdressed in t shirt and shorts!! Immigration proved straight forward as did the transfer to KL Sentral Station via KLIA Xpress, 28 minutes by rail! The fun started when grabbing the taxi from KL Sentral to the hostel as the drivers English was as good as my Malaysian...pretty much non- existent, so by using a combination of pointy finger at map and very bad local dialect/ pronunciation, we managed to figure out between us where I needed to be (had I have been in Bangkok however, probably have been dropped off at The 'Cheeky Strip Club'!) Surprisingly I arrived safely at the hostel and checked in, staff are really friendly too...not quite sure about the three personality challenged Germans though!!!


Advertisement



Tot: 0.069s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 8; qc: 40; dbt: 0.042s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb