The big city KL, central Malaysia


Advertisement
Malaysia's flag
Asia » Malaysia » Wilayah Persekutuan » Kuala Lumpur
January 11th 2006
Published: January 12th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0

The Road to KL


Last night (Jan 10) Dust and I wrote a really good travel blog but the computer said no. Then we tried to add pictures, but each computer we tried defeated us. However we are not ones who give up easily. President Richard Nixon once said, "Defeat doesn't finish a man--quit does. A man is not finished when he's defeated. He's finished when he quits. So we will see if we can overcome the computer, and give some what of a summary of the fun we have been having.

So here it goes...

The contrast between Melaka and Kuala Lumpur is night and day. Melaka is the definition of a chill town, the people are friendly, the weather is warm, and it has a historical feel about it. In Melaka we walked through grave yards that dated back to the Ming Dynasty, and off the beaten path through dirt roads. Along these paths we saw monkies and some facinating home designs...and as Dustin mentioned in the other blog entry, we ran into some interesting and very friendly locals.

Kuala Lumpur on the other hand is all city. It is known for its buildings...and they truly are amazing. The city
Top of the Menora TowerTop of the Menora TowerTop of the Menora Tower

Kinda like the Space needle only way bigger. 4th tallest in the world, guess what, CN in toronto is numero uno
is alive all hours of the day and there is always the sounds of constuction in the background. I am a small town guy so KL although very interesting, will be a short stay.

Traveling so far has been amazing. We are learning so much, and each day is its own adventure. We never know what we will see around the next corner, our what random bakery will treat us to a delicious surprise. The best part about travel though is the people we run into. In Melaka we met a guy from Cambodia. His English name was "Powerful" and it fit him well (though not a large guy). We met "Powerful" at a free vegetarian good will type of place. The food was free because the whole concept of it operated around the idea of Karma. (Good acts will be rewarded and they tend to recipricate themselves.) I asked "Powerful" how he got the name and he explained it was the Psudenom given to him in English class. "Powerful" eximplifies what is good in the world and he is what i would like to strive to be.

Powerful is just one of the many characters we have
Old Meets NewOld Meets NewOld Meets New

A view of ages of change in design in city architecture
met. Each person has a story. And as a travelor we have the time and intrest to listen. We have met backpackers of all ages, from a little younger than us to as old as 60 and everyone we met is loving the journey.

We plan to get out of the city soon, and hopefully visit the beach.










Additional photos below
Photos: 12, Displayed: 12


Advertisement

DustinDustin
Dustin

Another vegetarian place that had well, banana leaf rice
Morning WalkMorning Walk
Morning Walk

An eary morning walk to get in on the free tickets up the petronas towers
Middle of the CityMiddle of the City
Middle of the City

Hmm well his is downtown, a busy intersection and what just happens to roll up to the stop sign.


13th January 2006

Slow but sure
I just realized that if you click on the next and previous I will find all of the journals. This modern technology! The food looks good. The hostels don't look too shabby either.
14th January 2006

Hi Guys!
Wow .... we've been looking at all of your pictures and reading all of your blogs and they're all just so amazing! We're really really jealous. We also just wanted to let you know that those two P towers were in Entrapment (We think anyway) and THEREFORE Sean Connery was there ..... !!!!! ha ha ha ha ha. Love you guys.

Tot: 0.07s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 11; qc: 68; dbt: 0.0452s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb