Kualur Lumpar and Malacca


Advertisement
Malaysia's flag
Asia » Malaysia » Wilayah Persekutuan » Kuala Lumpur
September 25th 2008
Published: November 19th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Firstly we are sad to say yet again our camera has been stolen and the pics of KL and Malacca and the fire flies were all lost in the memory card so this is a pictureless account mostly apart from the odd few pics until we can go back.
We left for Kualar Lumpar the next day and when we arrived we checked in and walked around the market, we spent 2 days visiting the sights and eating and drinking in the Reggae bar down stairs from our hostel. We went to the top of the KL tower, and then on to the mall where we ate lunch at Jackie Chans restaurant, we met up with Loila for breakfast then we both went to the Bird Park where we had a great time with the birds of prey and the parrots we took alot of pics of us holding them but saddly they were also in the camera.
We went in the evening to the Kualar Selanger Nature Park, stopping on the way to see the light house (clearly a landmark left over from the English rule) we could of been in the UK with the light house if it wasnt of all the crazy monkeys everywhere and the amazing sunset out across the Malacca straits (which it seems the monkeys all enjoyed watching as they all sit and do nothing but look out to the view that is until someone pulls out the bananas and green beans then they attack and eat) weirdly though they have manners and will only gently take one from your hand but if you show them more then there manners vanish.......
We went for dinner with the driver Zamburi, who drove us in a small side of the road eating house and got eaten ourselves by the mozzies even Zamburi got eaten (I hate mozzies) and then we finally went on a boat in the darkness and saw the most amazing natural thing in the world, billions of Fire flies all on the bank in the bushes glowing we floated so close to them we could touch them and see them glow in our hands and land on us. It was totally totally totally AMAZING.
We drove back to KL. The next day we went up the Pertonas towers (twin towers) they were amazing amd the view of KL was super clear, we then decided we would head on to malacca as we had had a few weird experiences the past few nights with odd peeps in the hostel (we didnt feel to safe).
We arrived in Malacca/Malaka and spent the afternoon looking around, we met Loida for dinner and went to a traditional Malaysian restaurant and then I had a fantastic foot massage and Henry went to play pool. We spent the next day touring around the city and visiting all the historic sights, we booked a ferry to Indonesia for tomorrow and enjoyed the historic feel of a city with so much Dutch/French/English history.


Additional photos below
Photos: 27, Displayed: 24


Advertisement



Tot: 0.113s; Tpl: 0.021s; cc: 11; qc: 52; dbt: 0.0688s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb