Kuala lumpar it's where the little people live!


Advertisement
Malaysia's flag
Asia » Malaysia » Wilayah Persekutuan » Kuala Lumpur
December 13th 2005
Published: February 16th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Hey guys! well am getting a little too much abuse for the lack of writing on the web logs so with wrists slapped i promise to try harder in the future, sorry mum. 😊 As always marcs comprehensive account has informed you of the last few days of relaxing on the beach but we are most certainly back to the big city now in KL. The room mates have taken a better turn, the almost naked and definately irrated man that 'greeted' us on our arrival to the room by demanding the door to be shut turns out to be a very willing to help deaf korean guy, lucky for him as he escapes our snoring! One of the main highlights of today was....i'll decribe it first.....amazing fantastic unsurpassable wonderful 20 minutes of pure joy......my first hot shower of the whole trip!! Properly hot and clean and no bugs or mosquitos biting my bum(three times now. just plain rude.) It was so good marc washed his hair five times he tells me!
So after that treat we headed off to climb the KL Tower, the fourth highest communications tower in the world standing at 421 meters, was a great way to see KL, and the commentary was very informative to the point of teling us about how delicious chicken satay is! Got a great view of petronas towers, they are really really big. Apparently the tallest in the world. Although the tower we viewed them from is on a hill so it looks taller from some views, how unjust!
After that we headed over to the garden part and spent a few hours getting bird flu in a bird santuary (not really mum's). marc doesnt know this yet but a bird pooed on my leg when i was watching the flamingoes. its not good luck its just poo. i had serious words with it and luckily for it it didnt happen again. still got poo on my leg though.
After that we admired our colonial past and saluted a clock tower before heading home and here. Really liking malaysia so far, got a good feel about it and the western style comforts of hot showers and beds with no bugs are making it all the better.
We've passed the first milestone of being away a month now and what a month its been. Bring it on. keep in touch everyone and take care, love claire x
ps i promise we havent got bird flu mum.


Advertisement



13th December 2005

Greetings from Cov
Yodeho Chiquitas - glad to hear you are enjoying the delights of KL. Have got as near to that place as 30,000ft when I flew over on my way to Oz. Had our Xmas meal here this weekend - crazy hot curry and very strange desserts - tinned fruit cocktail (complete with very red cherries) does not pass as "Mixed Tropical Fruit in Mango Sauce"!! Take care my lovelies - and a special message for Claire - Pauly G is going to be leader at camp again. Oooo and going to meet Evi in Feb - going to Greece for 10 days hol. Peace out Kazmond xXx

Tot: 0.145s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 19; qc: 88; dbt: 0.0667s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb