Day One in Kuala Lumpur


Advertisement
Malaysia's flag
Asia » Malaysia » Wilayah Persekutuan » Kuala Lumpur
July 13th 2008
Published: July 13th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Because of the time change, jet lag, odd eating regiments, etc., we are awake at 3am ready to begin the day. But let me fill you in on yesterday which was a bit of a blur…..beginning at the Singapore airport where we struggled to find soft safe places to nap - to no avail. But the airport itself is awesome. More on the SIN airport later since we will be spending more time there throughout our travels. We flew on Singapore Airlines for the first time and what a marvelous airline. Sorry it was such a short flight. Fortunately we fly home with them.

Our flight out was at 7am and we arrived in KL around 8:30. Hired some porters to assist us on the combined train ride to the city and then transport us to our limo to the hotel. Yes, life is good. Our hotel, the Westin KL, is a 5 star and is living up to its classification. WOW. Our room is on the 24th floor looking over the cityscape with several famous buildings in sites. Although we were in no shape to explore yesterday as sleep was first and foremost on the agenda. I think I was out for good at 5pm our time. Wanted to see some nightlife but wasn’t in the cards.

So here we sit in the dining room of the hotel and it’s about 7:30 am. I can’t begin to describe the buffet they offer……But I’ll try. They have the most incredible international cuisine I’ve every seen, The cultures represented are Asian (of course), Indian, Greek, Lebanese, many European dishes, American, Islam, Japanese, Chinese …..I’m off to the Danish section now. Be back in a minute. Had to come right back to eat my just made warm peanut butter crepe - yummmmm. Oh forgot I to mention the coffee - strong and delicious. I keep wondering if we’ll ever get out of this dining room to see the culture of the City. Sande is coming to the table with a chocolate waffle covered in cherries with a dash of maple syrup. We will definitely overeat this morning. Are you hungry yet? Pictures will follow. When you travel with an executive chef, food is an art form. Not only is Sande taking pictures, she is making lists of the combination of items and sauces and all the wonderful condiments. I’m going to walk around again to see what I’ve missed. Spotted a Japanese noodle dish section so am enjoying that. Some of the other things we tried are: smoked marlin, nasi dangang (coconut rice) chicken spring roll, chicken livers (sodet dejaya), boiled chic peas, bread fruit fritters, and other things delicious morsels and I can’t remember.

Time for us to roll out of here and begin our adventures in Kuala Lumpur proper!

Is this kind of dining "green"? No...but once in a lifetime is OK!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.034s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 8; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0172s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb