Pulau Pangkor & KL


Advertisement
Malaysia's flag
Asia » Malaysia » Wilayah Persekutuan » Kuala Lumpur
March 31st 2008
Published: March 31st 2008
Edit Blog Post

After doing so much on the trek there wasn’t much else to do in the area and as the weather wasn’t that good we decided after 4 days it was time to move on. We decided to head back to the beach for a couple of days before going to the bigger cities. We went to Pulau Pangkor on the west coast which had been recommended to us by a couple of hostel staff. It was easy to get to and the weather was brilliant. We spent the first day lazing on the beach and booked into a cool little camp where we got our own little chalet. We did a little bit of snorkeling on the beach but when nick came up he saw that our stuff had been taken out of our bag so he went back to the shore only to find our camera case lying on the sand, empty! Luckily he looked a little further and the camera was thrown on the sand too, right next to the sea though so we were lucky it didn’t get damaged by the water. We saw quite a few hornbills up in the trees and in the evening a praying mantis came and sat right by us. One guy said he saw loads of monkeys but we must have missed them. The second day we paid 20RM (£4) to go snorkeling on coral island just off the shore. We stayed there for 3 hrs and saw loads of colourful fish; Nick even saw a big barracuda. We were going to stay on Pangkor for another day as it such a relaxing little place with no big shops or restaurants but the weather got worse and there wasn’t much to do so we got on a bus to Kuala Lumpur.

We’re still in Kuala Lumpur but have already been up the Petronas Towers (from the film Entrapment). We had to queue at 8.30am for about 45mins to get the free tickets as only a limited amount are issued each day. It was cool to go up there on the sky bridge but the view wasn’t brilliant so later we’re going to go up the Kuala Lumpur communications tower which is higher and gives a good view of the Petronas Towers as well. We’ve also splashed out on a laptop so that we can do all our photos and write our blog before going on the internet which should hopefully save us time and money. It also gives us something to play movies and music on for our long journeys. Next stop is probably going to be Melaka a bit further down the West coast. Its been recommended to us by a few people now so we’ll go and see what they’re all raving about!


Advertisement



Tot: 0.173s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 12; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0774s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb