East Coast to West Coast


Advertisement
Malaysia's flag
Asia » Malaysia » Wilayah Persekutuan » Kuala Lumpur
October 24th 2005
Published: October 24th 2005
Edit Blog Post


Kamaman Oct. 14 - 21
Kuala Lumpur Oct. 21 - 25

We spent the week relaxing in one of Malaysia nicest beach and golf resorts. Our good friends Clela and Dan travelled 40 gruelling hours straight from Bangkok to join us but we're well rewarded by with air conditioning, hot water, comfortable beds not to mention the often deserted beach, huge pool and wonderful hot tubs where much time was spent. They have now returned to the busy life to begin new one year teaching contracts but we will see them in a few weeks up in their neck of the woods where they have promised us cheap massages, loads of seafood and great shopping. After the easy resort life, we headed to the big city of Kuala Lumpur. It is much like Singapore - modern and multicultural. The best thing being is you can find food here at all hours of the day something not possible in most other areas of Malaysia during Rhamadan. We spent our time seeing the sites including the Petrona Towers - 2nd largest in the world behind Canada's own CN Tower of course, but unlike our little tower this one is a huge structure full of shops, offices and the Malaysian Orchestra Concert Hall. We were lucky enough to get up there without having to stand in line at 8 am for a ticket, thanks to little Zachary who seems to be the ticket into everyone, no wait involved. He just flashes his little 5 tooth smile and if that doesn't work than some full blown crying often does the trick. I have begun to think we need to start charging for him as everywhere we go people are grabbing him up for photos with themselves. I really wonder why people are so interested in having their picture with a baby they do not know at all but they are. We have also been approached twice so far on this trip by model agencies wanting to use Zachary. What can I say, he is quite a charmer when he wants to be. His hundred girlfriends can attest to that. Justin says he can 'charm the pants off a girl'. I hope not.


Advertisement



Tot: 0.061s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0396s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb