Kuala Lumpur


Advertisement
Malaysia's flag
Asia » Malaysia » Wilayah Persekutuan » Kuala Lumpur
August 19th 2007
Published: September 17th 2007
Edit Blog Post

We caught a bus from Singapore to Kuala Lumpur which was so comfortable. We had images of being rammed in with chickens etc, but infact it was an air conditioned coach with reclining seats! The journey was fine apart from the border crossing because we had both lost the Singapore departure slips...doh! Had to wait around 30 mins to get another bit of paper before they would let us through....
Arrived pretty late so we just grabbed something to eat. The food was even cheaper than Singapore! About 1 pound for a meal!!
We both wanted to see the Petronas towers so we got up early to make sure we could get the free tickets (They only hand out 1500 tickets per day). After queing for an hour we got the tickets but had to come back at 6pm to actually go up the towers. We also found out that you dont actually go right to the top, only to the walkway. The towers look awesome though! Recognised them from tv when they French guy climbed them! Spent the day in the shopping centre which is at the bottom of the towers. Its probably the most upmarket shopping centre in KL so we didn't make any purchases.
We also went to visit the Batu Caves which were on the outskirts of the city. We walked up the top had a pic taken with a python and also done a tour into one of the caves which was cool.
We spent most the time in KL walking around the shops and markets which sell all the copied clothes/watches etc.


Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement

Funny Asians!Funny Asians!
Funny Asians!

This group were taking the funniest pictures. one of them held their hand out pretending to hold the tickets whilst the other person taking the photo held the ticket (does that make sense)
Me and JustinMe and Justin
Me and Justin

Taken on the walkway
Monkey!Monkey!
Monkey!

These were everywhere..


Tot: 0.063s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 12; qc: 22; dbt: 0.041s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb