KL


Advertisement
Malaysia's flag
Asia » Malaysia » Wilayah Persekutuan » Kuala Lumpur
July 25th 2007
Published: November 30th -0001
Edit Blog Post

Our one whole day in Malaysia's capital was very busy! We woke at 7ish and had breakfast and had to run from the hostel to the Petronas Towers to join the queue for tickets to the sky bridge. It's free to go up there - but we had to queue for about an hour and then go back at 12:30 to actually do the tour. In the interval we walked around the shopping centre underneath - it's really nice (and cheap) and full of all of the designers that you can think of.

Then we went to the tourist centre and booked out coach tickets to Taman Negara - to leave the next morning.

The Petronas tour itself started with a short 3D advert for Pertonas (a Malaysian oil company) - we got to wear geeky glasses and be amazed that their international successes. The towers are beautiful to look at by the way - usually I don't get Aaron's enthusiasm about buildings, but these are worth their acclaim. We then went into the lift and up to the 41st floor where the bridge is (not even half way!) and admired the views. It was a shame there were no other famous buildings to take pictures of, but it was nice seeing the whole city from that vantage point.

That night there was crazy rain - like I hadn't seen since that day in New York when we were trapped in the shopping centre. I then spent an exciting hour on the phone to the bank and fraud squad trying to get my money because they thought my card had been stolen. All sorted now though!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.124s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 16; qc: 70; dbt: 0.0669s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb