KL - again! and then the Cameron Highlands


Advertisement
Malaysia's flag
Asia » Malaysia » Wilayah Persekutuan » Kuala Lumpur
February 8th 2007
Published: February 8th 2007
Edit Blog Post

back to KL, but only for one night of splendor in our very expensive B&B. Lugging our packs up 6 or so flights of stairs was all worth it for the little turret room wrapped with a little balcony full of plants.

Then up, up and away to the Cameron Highlands!
We felt like our little shuddering bus had somehow achieved light speed and taken us instead to some distant planet colony where the food was Indian, the architecture had been shipped in from the Swiss Alps, WWII British troops were around the next corner, and the national costume was shorts and a jersey.
The tea plantations only added to the surreal feeling of the place, transforming the native mossy forests into terraced hills of green corduroy.
We stayed in the original WWII corrugated iron barracks of the British troops, and slept in what I can only assume were the original wrought iron beds, unless perhaps they had been bought from the convent across the road when they upgraded...at any rate we were pleased to be cosy and warm since the temperature here plummeted into the teens!
We discovered the local butterfly farm was in fact and 'all things creepy and crawley' farm, much to my delight, and while I patted a forlorn-looking Malaysian Leaf Toad, Jess one-upped me and had 3 poisonous scorpions piled onto her arm, with the instructions: "You'll be ok, just don't move".



Additional photos below
Photos: 15, Displayed: 15


Advertisement



Tot: 0.086s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 8; qc: 55; dbt: 0.0602s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb