FINALLY ARRIVED IN KUALA LUMPUR


Advertisement
Malaysia's flag
Asia » Malaysia » Wilayah Persekutuan » Kuala Lumpur
June 18th 2006
Published: January 2nd 2007
Edit Blog Post

Well after a very eventful flight over I was finally in kl airport. The flight over was ok flew from Gatwick to Dubai then to Singapore and finally kl.i sat with 2 very interesting people on the plane. A young Indian guy called Ben on the first flight then a teenager called Edgar from euganda.he was going to Malaysia to study for 4 years and has never traveled before. He also had a culture shock with the type of food that was being offered as it really wasn’t what he was used to. He was a great guy and enjoyed passing away the flight time with him.
I arrived in kl airport in the early hours of Sunday morning and was shattered was greeted by a very smart Malaysian man who got me a taxi (I couldn’t be bothered to haggle much as I was too tired)
After about an hour I arrived at my hostel 'trekkers’ lodge' Kuala Lumpur and got a nice welcome by Sebastian who works a million hours a week for the lodge. Well time for bed but I wasn’t tired by this time so decided to go for a walk and find bearings. The people here are so laid back and stay up so late chatting, eating & drinking. I found a street that was full of street food sellers so decided to sample the local food and a tiger beer of course. Pork knuckles with rice and a beer. Great start and then get used to using chopsticks again. I just spent a few hours’ people watching and enjoying the city life. On way back about 4 am I was approached by a few ladies of the night offering the usual services I politely declined and off to bed I went.
Kuala Lumpur is Malaysia’s capital city and is a curious blend of old & new.it is modern fast moving city it has loads of high rise buildings and multilane highways. But the old architecture still stands out proud.
Kl as locals call it started in the 1860’s when a band of prospectors in search of tin landed at the meeting point of the Kelang and Gombak rivers they then named it Kuala Lumpur (muddy estuary).
On Monday the 1st day of my stay in kl I decided to just have a wander around in the daylight and see what is about. Then on the night I went to a few bars before retiring to bed in early hours of morning.
Tuesday I visited Times Square shopping mall. Berjaya Times Square KL is more than 'just another shopping centre'. This is the largest in the country and has a real Theme Park 'Cosmo's World'
In Malaysia (KL) are shopping centers with an ice skating rink, a swimming pool, a canal, but a shopping centre with a Theme Park is very rare. It has even a roller coaster.
There are also 1,000 specialty retail shops and 65 food outlets to suit every imaginable taste. And there's also British department store Debenham’s, my mum would be happy about that.
Berjaya Times Square KL is the largest shopping mall in the country providing more than 1000 individual shops and various retail anchors. Current merchandise mix includes a departmental store, specialty fashion and accessories, household and furnishing, a supermarket, electrical and electronic goods, bookstores, bridal showcases and an IT mall
Another unique design featured at Times Square KL is the 65 restaurants and cafes occupying the 3rd and 4th Floors-Gourmet Street.
Inside the mall I found the theme park Cosmo’s World which is the largest indoor theme park in Malaysia.
It's an adult and children theme park with an abundant variety of entertainment and rides.
The park will be filled with state-of-the-art rides, live performances, themed shops, snacks outlets, games as well as family fun.i was amazed by this it certainly puts meadowhall & Trafford park to shame.
The name of the ultimate roller coaster is:
'Supersonic Odyssey. Take a ride that will send your heart beat soaring through the roof! This multiple-inverted 800 metre-long indoor roller coaster will give you a thrill you’ll never forget!
The top speed is 80km and the total length of the track is 800 meters. There are two trains and with each 24 persons.
It took me a few hours to wander round this place but I was killing time before I visited kl tower which I wanted to do at nighttime.
After visiting a restaurant and trying fried frog which is gorgeous!!!!!!!!
I moved on to kl tower then
Menara KL - A Towering Achievement
Situated 94m above sea level, it is on higher ground than the Twin Towers of Kuala Lumpur. Menara Kuala Lumpur was constructed as a telecommunications tower to upgrade the quality of telecommunications and the clarity of broadcast transmissions. Undoubtedly, Menara Kuala Lumpur marks the start of a milestone in the telecommunications arena.
Menara Kuala Lumpur is one of the tallest concrete towers in the world, standing at 421m and built with 45,000 cubic metres of sturdy concrete. Designed with vertical ribs on the external surface, the Tower weighs 100,000 tonnes and was built on no-piling, freestanding land. Menara Kuala Lumpur opulently stands as the tallest tower in Southeast Asia.
Menara Kuala Lumpur ranks fourth amongst the tallest telecommunications towers in the world and was constructed over a period of four years and completed in May 1996. Menara Kuala Lumpur is designed to withstand wind pressures
Of up to 90mph. Menara Kuala Lumpur is a member of the prestigious World Federation of Great Towers.
The four tallest towers in the world are CN Tower in Canada at 553m, Ostankino Tower in Russia at 537m, Shanghai Tower in China at 468m followed by Menara Kuala Lumpur in Malaysia at 421m.
When I arrived I was taken aback by the sheer size. Also I am not the best with heights but you can’t visit kl without visiting this building.


Advertisement



Tot: 0.056s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 10; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0317s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb