Next Stop...Malaysia


Advertisement
Malaysia's flag
Asia » Malaysia » Wilayah Persekutuan » Kuala Lumpur
November 10th 2006
Published: November 10th 2006
Edit Blog Post

From Phuket, we took a boat over to Koh Phi Phi and enjoyed the lifestyle of banana shakes and pancakes, pad thai and coconut chicken soup. Being there 2 years ago, before the tsunami, it was different. Alot of the buildings were gone and most of the trees, but nevertheless it was alive and booming. There is so much more to see than what we saw the 1st time. More to it then whiskey buckets and hotdog sandwiches. ( Matt n Tim). The island is quite large and more than just the main drag we lumbered down on every day. After spending 4 beautiful days at Koh Phi Phi, we headed down to Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.
We got in KL around 8pm and found Wheelers Guesthouse, where they have been very nice and accomodating. The people here are a mix of Indian, Chinese and Malay and have been very friendly. the people leave you be and we have been able to meander around at our own pace. Our first day, we went to the Petronas Towers (88 storeys, 452 meters high and are a sight to be seen) and hung out there until we were able to go up. The next day, we just toured the city taking in the Chinese Market, Independence Square, Nat'l History Museum, Nat'l Mosque and Islam Museum, Orchid Gardens and Maha Temple. Did alot of walking. It is interesting to see the different religions and explore their places of Worship.
Tomorrow, we are heading on the bus to Cameroon Highlands where we will sip some tea overlooking tea fields and then move over to Taman Negara which is the oldest jungle in the world (130 million years old). I hope to sleep overnight in a hide where we can look for wildlife, but Jamie is unsure. We will see who wins. Probably just some trekking and white water rafting. Sorry no exciting happenings yet, til next time...

Advertisement



10th November 2006

what's wrong with whiskey buckets and hot dogs?
17th November 2006

I enjoy a good whiskey bucket and hot dog sandwich myself......nothin wrong with that. Wish I had some Pad Thai right now though!!! Junes.....send some back for your old pal!

Tot: 0.091s; Tpl: 0.036s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0422s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb