10-Apr arrive Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia, check in to Tune Hotel LCCT


Advertisement
Published: April 11th 2011
Edit Blog Post

AA flight D72007 in fact arrived 5 minutes earlier than scheduled, despite leaving Stansted about 25 minutes late.

Both immigration (passport control) and baggage claim no problem. We are slightly pleasantly surprised at how everything turned out rather smoothly. Calm before the storm?

LCCT terminal didn't look immediately familiar to me; by the time we came out of security and saw the coffee place (Costa?) I knew where I was, only that the coffee place had got 3 or 4 times bigger, allowing more customers, rather than their size of their coffee.

We looked for Tune Hotel and by chance saw it in the distance. With tens of buses and hundreds of cars between us and Tune, we started walking towards Tune hoping it would do more than lead us there, to show us the way. More or less midway there we asked somebody with AA air crew uniform and he said yes we could walk all the way to Tune.

Well, what looks like a well-coordinated effort produced a truly magnificant covered walkway all the way to Tune. Magnificent not in its looks, but well, it is its look - things were at the right place (roof not on the floor), in the right condition (not bent or soaked in rainwater) and for the right function (no one doubled the function of the roof tin for their own shelter). Even when a section of the walkway ended to give way for vehicular access (remember, they always have priority over pedestrians in this part of the world), it was clear where the next walkway would begin, and all walkway sections start and end with a drop curb to enable easy rolling on and off of trolley, and those on wheelchairs (I am sure these curbs fit for skateboards and scooters too)

Our route to Tune was met with no interruption at all. Quite a surprise really when things in this part of the world could be amended without much notice due to some unfounded need for such actions or decisions.

We got very near to Tune and saw that the walkway turned into dashed yellow line that led into a parked red car. Several trolleys had been abandoned behind this car. Curious about such a condition where several trolleys paused in their journeys at the back of a shiny modern vehicle, I wondered whether there was more to learn of such discovery. My camera followed by thought path of discovery - see photos. Do I believe it? The car snuggly slotted into the space where the walkway crosses the road, in effect the yellow bands became the "pelican crossing". In this part of the world, such a pelican crossing allows vehicles interact intimately with pedestrians, somewhat on a first-get-to-the-yellow-bar-first-crossed basis. But that's a less relevant point at this crossing; the manner in which the trolleys were denied their path was most intriguing. On later inspection, the driver side right tyre was in fact punctured. Perhaps somebody left a "message" to the driver about his state of mind leading to such positional predicament. But, also, why would the driver reserved the car so far in to the space as to block the space and the walkway (pelican crossing) completely? In fact, did he/she have a choice? Was it a joke went wrong?

Truly, I was disgusted that the driver was in no capacity to show consideration to others who would use the walkway. If everyone was to only mind their own interest and benefit to the detriment of others having to pay the price so that the selfish person gains all that he/she wants, well, I think we are nearly there, fundamental of many problems in the world today. I am sure the driver claims "mind your business", I am the one laughing, you are the one fuming.

That evening, we strolled to LCCT to get some alternative air intake, and noticed that the car remained exactly where it was, now having gained more trolleys in motionless meditation behind it.




Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



Tot: 0.049s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 8; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0253s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb