Kuala Lumpur


Advertisement
Malaysia's flag
Asia » Malaysia » Wilayah Persekutuan » Kuala Lumpur » China Town
August 31st 2013
Published: October 12th 2013
Edit Blog Post

The flight to Kuala Lumpur went smoothly. The ladies and gents in red didn't let me down. I had to catch a bus into KL Sentral, to then get a LRT into Chinatown, the area where I had decided to find my hostel.

Finally finding my hostel, it was a pleasure to find out it was only 12 ringett per night (£2.50).

I dropped my backpack into my dorm and sat on my bed (dripping with sweat). I got chatting to a Malaysian man in my dorm, by communicating mainly by typing messages into his phone as he could read English better than speaking it. I had a few beers with him, but then he got a bit weird by telling me that it was safer to stay in my own room upstairs (I was in a male dorm, but was happy there so declined his offer). Bit freaky.

I went out to dinner with two surfer chicks named Anna from Holland but it was a shame they were leaving in the evening.

The next morning, after a much needed lie in, I got chatting to Justin. A Canadian dude with a big fat travellers beard. We realised that we both had the same idea about our route around Malaysia. He was expecting a package from back home so couldn't move on until it turned up so we said if it turned up in the morning we would move on to Penang.

Anyhow, we spent the day together walking around KL and I went up the KL Tower and we saw some traditional dancing down in the main lobby. We also went to see the Petronas Towers but could not get up them as you have to book in advance. I tried my first proper Malaysian dish - the Penang curry mee (mee being noodles).

Later, we met Ben. The three of us strolled to Little India where we tried some Indian food in a food court and wandered around the streets. Returning to our hostel, we chilled on the rooftop bar, drank some rum and coke with some other peeps, singing along to one guy playing the guitar and having a good socialise.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.032s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 9; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0181s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb