THINK...Bike


Advertisement
Malaysia's flag
Asia » Malaysia » Wilayah Persekutuan » Kuala Lumpur » China Town
March 15th 2013
Published: March 15th 2013
Edit Blog Post

THINK....Bike


Words we hear and see so publicly in the media. This is because Motorcyclists make up a disproportionate percentage of all road traffic accident victims, purely because of their vulnerability on the road.

Last night whilst walking towards Masjid Jamek on our way to get food; we witnessed a horrific example of this misfortune. Both driver and passenger came off the bike whilst turning a corner. The male passenger without helmet I must add and no protective clothing hit the tarmac head first in his unforeseen impact with the road. The female driver with helmet hurtled through the air, landing only to injure her knee. I must say that I am not a physician in any way not did I attend to either of the victims and I would hope that both are recovering well in hospital but the head injury of the male was concerning.

I have seen the results of a motobike accident first hand; one with a lucky outcome, being my Dads accident some years ago causing a hematoma and the loss of life seen whilst wotking in the Police Force.

Remember that although a safety helmet offers a degree of protection against the initial impact, the brain can be damaged due to it impacting the inside of the skull. This CAN lead to permanent brain damage.

Life after a motorcycle accident can be traumatic, with a normally active person being forced to re-evaluate their lifestyle, their prospects and their future. If that person is the main wage earner in a family, it can and will impact on the lives of those around them too.

THINK...your life and family are sacred...DON'T waste it.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.147s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 6; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0712s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb