Kuala Lumpur!!


Advertisement
Malaysia's flag
Asia » Malaysia » Wilayah Persekutuan » Kuala Lumpur » China Town
March 29th 2012
Published: March 31st 2012
Edit Blog Post

Hiya everyone!!
We have spent the last 5 nights in Kuala Lumpur and we have had a really good time it is a really cool city really reminds us of London. On our first night we stayed in Times Square which has the most amazing shopping centre it is huge and has a roller coaster. This area is the richer area and we only stayed here because everywhere else was booked up as the grand prix was on. The hostel we stayed in was really nice and all of the staff were helpful and gave us loads of advice. On our second day we bought tickets to go up the KL telecommunication tower it is one of the tallest ones in the world and the view was amazing we also moved hostel to one called Back Home in China Town (the backpacker area) and it had a living room where you could play movies and just chill out plus free tea all day :-) On our third day though we finally got into the hostel we wanted to go to called the Reggae Mansion it was a part of the same chain as the one we stayed in Penang but it was so much better it had 3 bars and a cinema and it also had the pods that you sleep in but they were all double beds, we were in a 24 bed dorm room which sounds loads but because everyone has a pod you don't really notice. This dorm was much more social too because it had loads of seats in the middle of the room. We went on a tour around the city which pretty much went to all of the best places and we got to see loads of places like the kings palace, the Petronas towers similar to what you would see on a London tour and we found loads out about Kuala Lumpur. There is a huge market in China Town on Pentaling Street which is so good you can get fake everything!! Michael got some Ray Bans and I got a Cath Kidston bag :-) We planned the next day to go really early to the Petronas Towers to get tickets because they are very limited and issued on a first come first serve basis. But we were talking to an Irish man called Tom in our dorm who was saying that he went to the sky bar instead and that he could see the towers all lit up. So we decided to do that instead and we are so happy we did because the view was amazing all of the pics are on Facebook. It was going to cost us loads to go up the towers but instead we got to have asome drinks too. The sky bar was so cool it had a swimming pool in the middle and tables all the way around. We were so lucky to get a seat by the window that faced onto the towers, at first we were told that the table was reserved and we would have to move when the people got there but they never moved us so we were there all night. When we got back to our dorm most of the people staying in there were having a drink so we just ended up staying up with them but eventually we got told to go to the bar because we were being too noisy and people were trying to sleep haha.
On our last day we just chilled out in our hostel because we had spent loads of money the night before. We went to the cinema which is sooo cool and we also got a free drink and popcorn.
We really didn't want to leave the Mansion but time to move on to Singapore which we are both so excited about!!! :-) Love Michael & Katie x x x

Advertisement



Tot: 0.063s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 11; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0345s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb