A day in the capital


Advertisement
Published: May 27th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0

A drive around the capital

I started the day off with a trip to Little India with Peter, Alex and Maritz, followed by a trip to the Mosque, where we were given gowns and a head scarf to wear allowing us the look around the grounds, after relaxing at a cafe for lunch in central market we headed back to the hostel to relax while the day was at its hottest.
During the early evening heavy rain we jumped on the monorail and mrt to the twin towers and shopping centres where we ate at a Malay style restaurant.
I still can't believe the shops they have! Wish I didn't have to carry everything! Then I would spend so much money here shopping. There is even a theme park in one of the shopping centres. After checking out the cinemas we headed for donuts and back to Chinatown for the nigth markets.
Here we tasted durian a very smelly fruit that is even banned from fruit stalls and the hostel. It doesn't taste as bad as it smells more like custard and potato mixed together, although this is a very addictive fruit.
We then finished the night off with a game of pool taken over by a couple of drunk ozzies. I then stayed my last night at backhome hostel, a fantastic, clean hotel on the edge of Chinatown.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.053s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 7; qc: 26; dbt: 0.0292s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb