Malaysia


Advertisement
Malaysia's flag
Asia » Malaysia » Wilayah Persekutuan » Kuala Lumpur » China Town
September 28th 2010
Published: September 28th 2010
Edit Blog Post

After a long journey from Koh Tao on the night ferry and a mini van the next day to cross the border we were into the next part of our trip, Malaysia.

Our first stop was a place called Pulau Penang an island off the west coast. The island was alot bigger than we thought with many high rise buildings. Here we spent a few days wondering chinatown mostly and little india. On one of the days we also took a trip back across to the mainland a place called Butterworth to organise the bus for the next part of the journey. There weren't many sights to see so one afternoon we went to the cinema.

Our next stop was Pulau Pangkor another island off the west coast but further south, this island was alot smaller than the previous one. We were hoping to spend a few days here on the beach before moving on to Kuala Lumpur. Here we found a place to stay where the monkeys came out of the trees around 6pm each day to play on the roof and find food. One evening we spotted one close by and made some noises to get its attention in return we got a nasty growl back, so we quickly got into our room! There were also some hornbills on the island which was our first sighting. Unfortunately the island wasn't as nice as we had read and there weren't many places open due to it being low season and there seemed to be flys everywhere...even in the food - gross. So we soon moved on.

Now we have spent the last few days in Kuala Lumpur luckiy here we have found a good hostel to stay in called the Birds Nest Guesthouse, here we have free cups of tea and free use of the internet...what more could you need? The first day here we walked around chinatown, little india and the central market soaking up the atmosphere. We also visited the orchid garden and green area of the city. The next day we took a train ride to the Batu Caves, which consisted of three caves the main one had 272 steps up to the entrance and contained Hindu shrines. As we got of the train to the caves it began to rain heavily but luckily we had our waterproofs with us, but usually we don't bring them. Today we were up early to queue for a ticket to visit Petronas Towers. After some long waiting we were on the sky bridge enjoying the view. For the rest of the day we are relaxing and getting ready for our flight tomorrow to Borneo.


Additional photos below
Photos: 10, Displayed: 10


Advertisement



28th September 2010

mean little monkey !
Hip hip hurrah more news ! everyone eagerly waits for your blogs you know. its so good to hear from you and see the pic's. That cheeky little monkey, was not very kind. hope the ones in Borneo are more friendly ha Like the look of the caves they must be very spooky. Hope the journey goes well today xxxx
28th September 2010

bet the view was good
Yer could you see home from up there? Bet you can't wait to get to Borneo keep having fun xx
30th September 2010

YOU ARE SO BROWN!!! Hope you're both having lots of fun. My friend Peter lives in Penang - small world :) xx
6th October 2010

Hey, glad your having a great time, you move about alot but i guess that's what it's all about lol cant believe you saw hornbills thats amazing and the lil monkey haha i can just imagine you doing that :-p take care mate and i look forward to your next blog - say hi to Andy from me xx love you xx

Tot: 0.062s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 12; qc: 28; dbt: 0.0315s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb