Reggae reggae time in KL


Advertisement
Malaysia's flag
Asia » Malaysia » Wilayah Persekutuan » Kuala Lumpur » China Town
August 4th 2010
Published: August 4th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Welcome to part 1 of the blog (brown eye on Asia).

After a 2 day journey including a 10 hour stop over at Cairo airport, we finally made in to KL feeling very jet lagged and tired. We jumped on the KLIA express train to KL central and from there hopped in a taxi asking to go to 'lok ann' hotel in chinatown. Instead of dropping us at the hotel, our driver stopped outside a crowded and crazy Chinese Market, which he assured us was only a short walk to lok ann. After 5 mins of stumbling around trying not too send people flying with our back packs, we decided to forget lok ann and head for the 1st hotel we saw. This turned out to be the fairly clean but relatively pricey 'tang city' hotel.

A quick shower and change of clothes and we were ready to explore a bit of KL. Deciding not to venture too far we headed back to the Market, where a variety of people tried to sell us the most traditional of Chinese wares, counterfit Liverpool shirts and gucci bags.
After a while we bumped into a rasta named tony who directed us to a nearby reggae bar (in chinatown ), we decided to go in and have a beer. The first guy we met 'damo' was very drunk and introduced himself in an Aussie accent, this sent Reuben into a 5 minute rant about how crap the Aussie cricket team were. Once he'd calmed down damo pulled out his passport and turned out to be from new Zealand. Once Reuben found this out he immediatly apologised and we sat down to have a beer with him. We spent the next few hours listening to damo's story about how microsoft were taking him to court and he might have to leave the country or spend 5 years in a Malaysian prison. He then tried to convince us to go to a 'special' club with his Malaysian friend lesley. We politly declined and headed back to sleep off the jet lag.

Waking at 15:00 the next day to find Reuben already up and about, we thought we'd spend 1 more day in KL. We headed off in search of the public gardens where u can view birds, deers, orchids etc. We got lost and after half hour of walking round in the boiling sun we headed for the safety and air con of the reggae bar. Once again there was a great atmosphere and we settled down for lunch and a few beers.
After lunch we were approached by a Burmese guy called jimmy who was offering a 10 min 'power massage'. Reuben asked if he could solve his back pain. After 10 mins of being poked and prodded with a small wooden stick, then being smeared in jimmys 'special liquid' Reuben was smiling and free of pain.

Anyway tomorrow we leave KL for Ipoh and the cameron highlands, where hopefully il find a computer I can used to upload the KL photos.

Selamat tinggal from Roy and reuben

Advertisement



4th August 2010

Part 1
I'm doing my massage course at the end of the month but I won't be hanging around bars offering to smear special liquid or poking people with a stick. Typical that you ended up in the same bar twice, I'm sure there were other ones with air con!

Tot: 0.049s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 9; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0298s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb