Pangkor Nights


Advertisement
Malaysia's flag
Asia » Malaysia » Perak » Pulau Pangkor
August 9th 2010
Published: August 9th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Welcome to part 2 of the blog.

After KL we decided to head for the tropical island of (pulau) Pangkor, this involved a 3 hour bus journey to Ipoh, where we had to wait an hour at a ramshackle bus station, fending off interest from beggars, one of which took an unhealthy interest in reubens beard. After that it was a 2 hour bus journey to Lumut where you can catch a ferry to the island.

We were a little worried about finding a place to stay as we hadn't booked anywhere and we were arriving too late to catch the last ferry back to the mainland. We need not have worried though as the 1st place we found 'Nipah bay villa' had plenty of nice rooms at reasonable rates.
The one downside as we soon discovered were the stray cats/monkeys running around in our roof space at 5 in the morning, this produced a loud, and quite terrifying noise which had us both more than a little worried that we might have to fight off a monkey if it fell through the ceiling.

In the morning over breakfast we discussed a plan to deal with a monkey if indeed one did come through the ceiling in the night. I thought it would be best to trap it in a sheet and bundle it out of the door, reuben on the other hand wanted to fill a sock with loose change and go toe to toe with the simian bugger! This lead to a revision of the phrase 'survival of the fittest' to 'Survival of the one with the most loose change, or bigger socks'!

Finally it was time to hit the beach, a short stroll down to nipah bay and i found what id come to asia looking for, great beach, amazing landscape (il upload the pics when i have a chance) and warm seas.
Later that evening we went to daddys cafe on coral bay, a real slice of paradise. The food was amazing, especially wash down with 3 or 4 tiger beers.

We spent the next day sitting on the beach and swimming in the bay, we ate again at daddys where we bumped into 2 cool aussies we'd chatted to before, steve and leigh(girl).
in the morning me and leigh decided to rent some scooters and go explore the island, we found an abandoned dutch fort and then followed the map to a place named 'Sacred rock' which was a massive disapointment, just a big lump of dirty rock, covered in graffiti in a small hut, with no explanation as to why it was so sacred.

The ride round the island was cool though, winding, twisting roads along the coast. All the way round the island only took about 3 hours.
Then it was back to daddys again ( it really is good!) and we finished off the night drinking on the rooftop terrace into the early hours.

Il try and get the pics up soon.
Catch u later

Advertisement



Tot: 0.071s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 9; qc: 53; dbt: 0.0447s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb