Batu Caves, Botanic Gardens, Burgers and Beers


Advertisement
Malaysia's flag
Asia » Malaysia » Wilayah Persekutuan » Kuala Lumpur » Bukit Bintang
December 24th 2013
Published: January 2nd 2014
Edit Blog Post

A train from Kuala Lumpur station at around got us to the Batu Caves (MYR2 each - about a 20 minute ride) nice and early before the crowds. We walked up the 272 steps behind the giant golden statue. The temple was interesting and the naughty monkeys were amusing.

We ate breakfast in Restoran Rani an Indian restaurant by the caves. Most of us had pancakes - Jesse had chocolate, Tash chose banana and Wayne had caramel and mayonaise.

Tasha got her hand hennaed (MYR10) but was not feeling great as her asthma was playing up so her and Jesse headed to the hotel for a rest whilst Wayne, Nic and I went adventuring. We wandered past the national mosque, butterfly farm, bird park and through the lovely botanic gardens that provide a nice green, calm space in the city. We ended up at KL Sentral and were going to grab a train to Kuala Lumpur station (MYR1.10 each) but decided on a taxi instead (MYR7) straight back to the hotel.

After searching for some non-existent vege restaurants (serves me right from borrowing an out-of-date Lonely Planet from the library) we headed again to the Bukit Bintang area where we pigged out on burgers and cheesy fries accompanied by beers - Asahi from Japan, Crownies from Australia, Carlsberg from Denmark and Tash had a cider from Sth Africa.

We checked out the decorations and carollers in the plazas then headed back to Fat Brothers for more food on sticks. This time we boiled some of it ourselves in a burner in the middle of the table.

Taxis back to the Geo hotel.


Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement

Bukit Bintang Plaza Christmas EveBukit Bintang Plaza Christmas Eve
Bukit Bintang Plaza Christmas Eve

Considering this is a Muslim country they really go all out on the whole Christmas thing - so crowded with masses of decorations and performers in every plaza.
No food on a stick for NicNo food on a stick for Nic
No food on a stick for Nic

But yes I will have more beer.


Tot: 0.161s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 12; qc: 57; dbt: 0.1159s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb